How many job interviews have you been on before getting a job?

I have now been on 20 interviews and still no job offer. I tend to do everything you are supposed to do such as ask questions and read up on the company I am applying for.

I have lots of experience and always go for jobs that match my skills (admin). But still I have not got a job. I know one vacancy I went for had 400 applications but even so, for some reason I still fail every interview I go on, and when I ask for feedback all I get is that there was someone else more applicable.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best answer

Hard isn't it, I really feel for you. Well you know what I have been unemployed twice and the first time it took 50 goes (during a recession) and the second time I got the first one I went for. Sometimes it is who you know not what you know. Also many places only advertise jobs becaue legally they have to- but they already know the person before it is even advertised so they get it- it is a foregone conclusion, not your fault at all.

Are there any job clubs or advisory places where you live where you could get some advice? I was helped by one once- they told me I was over-selling myself and I took some things off my resume and I got work straight away- I'm not suggesting that would always work but I would seek advice from people who understand the local area where you come from.

Good luck!

Source(s): Experience.
  • 10 years ago

Dear you need to focus on your professional skills as well as your communication skills. These two are main issues of your failure. Try to work on them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.