I used to be able to download videos from youtube by real player.?

A small bar appeared whenever I opened the video, saying; 'Download this video to real player.' This no longer appears. I have tried downloading real player again as well as firefox. But still it will not work. Nor does it work with Google Chrome. Can anyone help?
Update: I've tried many different ways and would like to thank you all for taking the time to reply to my question. But the one answer, when I tried the application, worked right away. Thank you again.
Update 2: I no longer use Internet Explorer, it is too slow, so use Firefox. The one that I found the most reliable from these answers (though no doubt some of the others also work, but I was getting a little low on patience), was Flashgot. This delivered very quickly from youtube, though when I used it on other sites... show more I no longer use Internet Explorer, it is too slow, so use Firefox. The one that I found the most reliable from these answers (though no doubt some of the others also work, but I was getting a little low on patience), was Flashgot.

This delivered very quickly from youtube, though when I used it on other sites it took all the files also and downloaded them so I had to retrieve the media file from there, though no big deal.

Once again, thanks to all for your replies, though I would still have preferred to have Real Player working properly but my computer's gremlins seem to be opposed to it.