Moving to Castro Valley, CA - is it safe?

I am planning to move to Castro Valley, CA, is it safe? The apartment I am looking to move into is on Center St.

Castro Valley, so I can tell you some basic things. There aren't really a ton of places to shop in Castro Valley, we have no malls, department stores, and a small amount of chain stores. We have a small shopping center called The Village on the boulevard- which is where most everything in town is. We do, however, have a TON of fast food! We have just about every pizza joint (pizza hut, etc), burger place (McDonalds, Burger King), and a ton of other things, most of which are all on the boulevard. We don't have a ton of little private restaurants, but we do have like Baker's Square, Rigatoni's, and places like that. However, one of my favorite places to eat is Chipotle. They have DELICIOUS mexican food. Castro Valley is definately safe to walk around in during the afternoon. It's a fairly safe place- we're rarely on the news, and not a ton happens here, and most of it is at the high school (as strange as that sounds).

• Alicia

Castro Valley is very quiet small town that doesn't really have a lot of major crime at all. A longtime family friend has lived there and it hasn't changed much, still a quiet nice place. I'm sure there are problems like petty crime and break ins.

Source(s): Personal experience.

Yes, it's safe. But some of the cops are like neo-Nazis. They enjoy harassing the street people.

Center St. is ok. I lived there for 25 years.

How previous are you? What are you into? quickly, I propose North Natomas, east sacramento, Arden arcade, Pocket, Land Park, Elk Grove, Roseville, Rocklin, Davis, honest o.ok. and Someparts of south/ west Natomas. stay away from South Sacramento, north highlands, west Sacramento, rio Linda, rancho Cordova, northgate, some factors of downtown, del paso heights and antelope.