mtg- magic ruling "siege-gang commander"?

i have a siege gang commander on board. i sacrifice goblin to deal 2 dmg in respond my opponent path the sacrifice goblin, can i re-sacrifice the same goblin?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

There's no need to, because he can't even do that. Sacrificing the goblin is part of the cost, and you can't respond to paying costs. As soon as you declare you are using the ability and saccing that goblin, that goblin being sacced doesn't exist anymore and can't be targetted.

Incidentally, if your opponent were to Path a goblin first, you could respond by saccing that goblin before the Path resolves (though sometimes it might be better to let the goblin go and take the land).

• 1 decade ago

You can't respond to the activation cost of an ability or spell. The goblin is sacrificed without using the stack and your opponent has no chance to stop that. The goblin is already sacrificed, and the 2 damage is already on the stack by the time he gets priority.

• 1 decade ago

your opponet path the goblin?

2 dmg?

on board? what is there a boat?

learn to speak English. then ask

i often see this kind of stuff but i really do not know what your asking, your opponent path the goblin?

if your opponent unsummoned the goblin, then no

your opponent temporal isolated the goblin, then yes

your opponent destroyed the goblin, then no

your opponent gained control of the goblin, then no

oh wait

do you mean "path to exile"?

because if so, then no

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.