How does a guy stop a girl being bullied?? I really like her and need some advice?

I was checking my email and decided to write this here on the off-chance that someone might be able to give a bit of help. There’s this girl in my school who for the past few months has been getting picked on by a group of girls. She has a speech impediment so she has trouble getting her sentences out without... show more I was checking my email and decided to write this here on the off-chance that someone might be able to give a bit of help. There’s this girl in my school who for the past few months has been getting picked on by a group of girls. She has a speech impediment so she has trouble getting her sentences out without pausing or stuttering, but she’s really pretty, shes beautiful, so I think that’s the real reason they’re picking on her. They were making fun of her speech when she was eating her lunch today, she was sitting on her own and had to leave the canteen, it looks really awful – so i said to them, what the hell’s wrong with you? She’s never done anything to you, and i went after her. I saw her heading off quite fast so i told her to wait up, got to her and told her not to listen to what they say. I honestly felt way nervous for about 10 seconds because, you know when someone tries to smile when they’re about to cry? Well she did that when she looked up, and she has the cutest crooked smile, one side of her smile went up and I had that “attractive girl instinct” of being nervous which I get, I was so tempted to blurt out she has really beautiful eyes, but i thought that would have been really inappropriate and it might have made her thing i was taking the piss. i told her if she needed anything that i was here, and i am, but i know this is going to continue with these girls. has anyone been in a similar situation, or have any advise? shes 15 if it makes a difference. fyi, theres a picture of her from our school's website -> http://yfrog.com/jxdfwfwp.

thanks!