Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Will 0bama fire his second General? Why can't 0bama connect with his Generals?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100622/ap_on_go_ca_st...

White House summons US general to explain himself

"Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who publicly apologized Tuesday for using "poor judgment" in an interview in Rolling Stone magazine, has been ordered to attend the monthly White House meeting on Afghanistan and Pakistan in person Wednesday rather than over a secure video teleconference, according to officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. He'll be expected to explain his comments to Obama and top Pentagon officials, these officials said.

"Obama has the authority to fire McChrystal. His predecessor, Gen. David McKiernan, was sacked on grounds that the military needed "new thinking and new approaches" in Afghanistan."

McKiernan was fired on May 12, 2009

Why does Obama have such poor leadership skills? Is throwing people under the bus the only way he knows how to deal with disagreements with his subordinates?

What if he should LISTEN to his Generals instead of firing them?

Are we another step closer to a coup d'etat because of persistent discord between the Pentagon and the White House?

Update:

"The interview describes McChrystal, 55, as "disappointed" in his first Oval Office meeting with Obama. The article says that although McChrystal voted for Obama, the two failed to connect from the start. Obama appointed McChrystal to lead the Afghan effort in May 2009. Last fall, though, Obama called McChrystal on the carpet for speaking too bluntly about his desire for more troops."

Update 2:

Yes, yes, I know all about showing respect for your superiors.

But when Obama cans TWO generals in less than 18 months, I think it suggests the problem is with Obama.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Di
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Best answer

Arrogance. Obama cannot abide the fact that others know more than he. The General has served his country and our military well and Obama would do well to remember that. How he treats General McChrystal will trickle down through all ranks of the military but then again, Obama may not care. It is too bad that voters don't have the power to invoke accountability from our leadership and that, increases the arrogance factor. Obama doesn't want "new thinking" and wants people who parrot his ideas and hang the consequences. I have attached a link to a really good movie which reminds us that discord between the Pentagon and the White House is not a good thing for our country.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

The expression "screw the pooch" is used interior the army to allude to creating blunders - each and every now and then intentionally with the intention to create or cover up a concern. i've got faith that Obama operates on 2 ranges: for electorate he can vacillate on activity creation, he does not would desire to be proactive on immigration administration and he can forget approximately approximately oil spills whilst he does exciting stuff. the 2d point is greater visceral and pertains to how he must be perceived, and it may nicely be that he screws the pooch, arising noise and distraction from projects handy. If he's being vocal approximately something, you are able to wager it is not approximately something which will make our lives greater suitable. only an assertion, it quite is all.

• Coqui
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

"I extend my sincerest apology for this profile. It was a mistake reflecting poor judgment and should never have happened," McChrystal said in a statement. "Throughout my career, I have lived by the principles of personal honor and professional integrity. What is reflected in this article falls far short of that standard."

• 10 years ago

Because Obama doesn't have a clue about the military and his globalist backers have their agenda concerning our 'conflicts'. They fly in the face of good military strategy and being the puppet he is, Obama must follow their orders.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Daisy
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

I think you're a bit confused. The question should be "Why can't Generals connect with President Obama.?" He's in charge. He's the boss. it's the General's responsibility to listen to Obama and make whatever he comes up with work.

• 10 years ago

Anyone who is criticizing him over this is not American and knows NOTHING about the military. It is military code...do not talk sh*t about your superiors. It happened under Bush and I'm sure none of you minded...stop being hypocrites and learn how to read you simpletons. Oh, and stop claiming to be American, you know nothing about this country!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

One is a warrior the other a Lawyer from Chicago.BHO is in so far over his head that the head is up his A*s

• 10 years ago

He sees the military as a necessary evil. He would and probably will destroy it if he can.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Lincoln had the same problem

• 10 years ago

Because the generals are war-mongers and they miss their war-mongering commander in chief (BUSH). They can't stand the fact that we have a President who knows when it's time to end a war that has caused us more harm than good.

And who exactly is the "little girl" here? I think someone griping to a magazine about his boss when he's supposed to be fighting a war is pretty pathetic.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.