Can you put toner on highlighted hair?

im getting full head highlights on thursday to get my hair platinum blonde but can i use toner to make it go white? my natural colour atm is like a mix of dark/medium goldish blonde my mums comin with me to the salon and doesnt want me to go white thats why i cant do that part proffesionally, so ill buy a toner... show more im getting full head highlights on thursday to get my hair platinum blonde but can i use toner to make it go white? my natural colour atm is like a mix of dark/medium goldish blonde
my mums comin with me to the salon and doesnt want me to go white thats why i cant do that part proffesionally, so ill buy a toner myself and do it next week :)
would using toner to make it white work though? and if you know any good ones list them plese :) xx
Update: actually im paying for it with my own money.. i just dont like going to the salon alone lol.
and how could it turn green? if toners are purple, :S i thought that only happens if you leave it on to long? x