Women don’t think twice about reporting a male co-worker for harassment, so why should I feel bad about it?

Six months ago, I began working at this job. From the beginning, I had a lot of problems with this woman. She would always call me a f@g, and tell me to tell everyone I’m gay. She would always say to everyone since I was 28, single, with no girlfriend I had to be a f@ggot. I bought this book about handling such... show more Six months ago, I began working at this job. From the beginning, I had a lot of problems with this woman. She would always call me a f@g, and tell me to tell everyone I’m gay. She would always say to everyone since I was 28, single, with no girlfriend I had to be a f@ggot.

I bought this book about handling such situations, and I did what I read. I began recording in writing everything that she said, along with the date, and time she said. I also began recording her comments at lunch with a microcassette recorder. Eventually, I went to Human Resources, and reported her, and threaten to sue the company for never having done anything to resolve this situation for never doing anything despite everyone in the office being aware of the situation, and despite me previously having asked my supervisor to help me out with this situation.

They fired her from the company, I was glad. But now no one is talking to me, they all look at me like I’m the bad guy. I don’t understand why I am the bad guy. No one ever said anything when she was harassing me, I don’t see why I should feel bad for doing what I did.

Women never think twice about reporting a male co-worker who is constantly calling them names in front of everyone. Why should I feel bad about reporting her?