Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 10 years ago

Is it too late to start taking Ballet lessons at my age?

I'm 14 (very close to 15) and would really, really love to start taking ballet lessons! I tried out for Colorguard at school and was obsessed with the floor routines!! (which included a few ballet techniques).

There is a new Ballet center in my town that says it offers lessons for all ages. Do you think that would be a good place to start out? I would love to be a part of it.

Also, any tips on how to ask my parents if I can take Ballet? I've taken lessons twice (maybe 8 and 6 years ago or so) and quit both times. I'm positive I would love now that I'm older, but I don't know if they trust me.

Thanks so much guys, God Bless! :)

Of course you can start taking ballet lessons! And Night Pixie- you are not right, my studio offers beginner classes for all types of dancing for teens and adults.

As for talking to your parents, just tell them how bad you want to do it. If they say no offer to pay for half of it, pay for the shoes, clothes etc., it could be a holiday present (christmas, bday etc.) But, if they have something else against you taking ballet, the main thing to do is tell them how bad you want it.

Good luck, hope this helped, and happy dancing! =)

Source(s): dancer <3

It is never too late to start taking ballet. My mom started ballet when she was 30 and loves it. The ballet center in your town that offers lessons for all ages is probably a good place to start. I don't know how you would talk to your parents, though. Just get all your reasons together beforehand and gather some information about the ballet center (such as pricing). Then calmly explain what you would like and why.

Source(s): Me (I have been dancing for nine years)

You should totally go for it! Ballet is one of the most challenging but rewarding activities, and once you have the ballet basics, you can start to branch out into other forms of dance if you want. It is also a great way to get in shape :)

It is not to late but just make sure you pay attention in class so you can catch up with the other girls.

• Lv 7

It is only too late to become a professional dancer, but for recreation you can be any age. Night pixie is not correct. You can go to a teen or teen/adult beginner class. In regards to your parents... Tell them just what you told us.

Source(s): Academy trained ballet dancer,

its not to late but know if your going to a school unless you already know basics you will be put into class with little kids.