What are 'tasters day' at college?

l have received a letter from college saying about me going onto Administration Level 2 Tasters Day at college in July. What is this? :/

Thanks

x

• Favorite Answer

Its like an induction to tell and give you an idea of what college is like. You will get told what the course is like and you can talk to current students who are studying the same course you wish to study at that college. At the college I study in now, they held a taster day for all of school students to tell and give them an idea of what college is like and what the course is like as well. I had to talk to different students from different schools and give them advice and tips for when they start studying at college.

Source(s): Helped at a taster day at college to school students who wishes to study the same course as I am this year.

It's self explanatory really.

You go to college for a day to experience college life and they will probably give you more information on the subject/s you've chosen. They might even do a small lesson, just so it's less scary when you start for real.

I went to a tasters day and it is a waste of time. All it involves you come in for the day, they take you around, talk to you about your field, and try to get you excited about attending their program. It comes down being a marketing ploy to recruit students.

Its just where you go in, get a little sample lesson of what the course is all about and any info you need. You'll also get to meet other people who are doing the same course.

• ?

Just gives you an idea of what college is like and what your subjects are like

• Diane

Just go. It will be one of the many new experiences you will have at college.