Verizon Phones: Samsung Alias vs. LG EnV Touch?

I need to renew my Verizon plan which means getting a new phone. I'm in between these two choices and was wondering if anyone could give any insight as to the advantages or disadvantages of either?

At first, I favored the Alias because I liked how it could serve as a flip phone as well. But I found the texting keys difficult to use. I liked the texting keys on the LG EnV Touch, but I've never had a touch phone before.

I'm pretty laid back in terms of cell phone features. The main one I care about is the ability to assign one's own mp3 files as ringtones. I know for sure that the Alias has this ability because my friend has the phone. Does anyone know if the LG EnV Touch can do the same?

@ shorton90 - have you tried these methods of putting mp3s as ringtones? Do they not work?

http://www.verizon-phones.org/verizon-lg-env-touch...

on the lg env touch you cant set mp3 files as ringtone the only thing can do is record things and set those as ringtones. i have the env touch and i like it alot the only thing i dont like is the battary life isnt that long other then that i really like it

why not get a blackberry or the new droid? otherwise i would say to get the lg env 3

just search the ringtone which you want... from this site you will be able to get any ringtone you want. It offers various formats