Verizon Phones: Samsung Alias vs. LG EnV Touch?

I need to renew my Verizon plan which means getting a new phone. I'm in between these two choices and was wondering if anyone could give any insight as to the advantages or disadvantages of either?

At first, I favored the Alias because I liked how it could serve as a flip phone as well. But I found the texting keys difficult to use. I liked the texting keys on the LG EnV Touch, but I've never had a touch phone before.

I'm pretty laid back in terms of cell phone features. The main one I care about is the ability to assign one's own mp3 files as ringtones. I know for sure that the Alias has this ability because my friend has the phone. Does anyone know if the LG EnV Touch can do the same?

Update:

@ shorton90 - have you tried these methods of putting mp3s as ringtones? Do they not work?

http://www.verizon-phones.org/verizon-lg-env-touch...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

on the lg env touch you cant set mp3 files as ringtone the only thing can do is record things and set those as ringtones. i have the env touch and i like it alot the only thing i dont like is the battary life isnt that long other then that i really like it

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 years ago

why not get a blackberry or the new droid? otherwise i would say to get the lg env 3

• 1 decade ago

just search the ringtone which you want... from this site you will be able to get any ringtone you want. It offers various formats

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.