Emma asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 10 years ago

I just turned 15, am I too old to start taking ballet lessons? :(?

Ok well I have always loved ballet it gives me goose bumps seeing it, I love how elegantly they dance it's amazing :D and for a long time now I've been wanting to do some type of dancing but I never knew what I wanted to do the only one that stuck out to me was ballet, I know allot of you will say that " I'm too old to late" or something like that BUT I REALLY WANT TO DO IT so basically what I'm asking you all is, am I really to old to start taking lessons? should I just forget about it and not do it?

Thanks!

~ Emma

• Lv 7

You are not too old to dance ballet for fun. Even adults can take up ballet as beginners. However, the only thing you would be to late for is a career as a ballet dancer. Training is done by age 16. That is when they apprentice with a ballet company.

Look for a teen/adult beginner class and go for it!

Source(s): Academy trained ballet dancer NYC

The only time you're too old to start dancing is when you're too old to get up out of bed. I started dancing Salsa at 37. I took lots of lessons, including some privates, got out there and danced, a lot. I'm talking 5-6 nights a week. But it's so much fun and if it's something that you really want to do, I say go for it.

No Ill be 31 on August 30 and still taking Ballet happy dancing

Why would you think that you're too old to take classes? Anyone can take ballet classes. Seventy year olds can take classes. If you want to take classes then take them. Don't miss out on a wonderful opportunity! Good luck! : )

yeah! im 13 and a half and probably when i turn 14 im starting acro dance. im a little afraid since im this old and also im shy but im gonna try anyway (which is a HUGE) step for me. Don't ever think you are too old for anything!

You should go for it, and try it out. Don't let others influence you. If you really love it, I'm sure you would enjoy starting ballet.

Source(s): I've only done ballet when I was younger, but I did start ice skating at one point. When I was in ice skating, I started when I was 13, and was in a lower level than most of the girls my age. Many of the girls would start at a young age and have more experience, but I decided to do it anyways. I've had a lot of fun doing it, and you'll probably meet a wide range of people doing it at different ages.
  • U R NEVER TOO OLD!! :D GO AHEAD AND LIVE YOUR DREAM. GO TAKE LESSONS! YEAAHHHH! lol srry im being weird. its similar to my question for me taking acting and singing lessons and this is how someone responded :) good luck and have fun!

no not all theres not a age limit