This is addressed to Christians and others - Do you realise that the sins of the heart/spirit are the worst.?

Do you realise that sins of the heart/spirit are more deadly than the sins of the flesh? It was sin of the heart that killed Jesus - mostly jealousy and the fear in the men of power of losing their position. Pride and rivalry were the sins in the religious leaders that angered Jesus so much. Un-forgiveness ... show more Do you realise that sins of the heart/spirit are more deadly than the sins of the flesh?
It was sin of the heart that killed Jesus - mostly jealousy and the fear in the men of power of losing their position. Pride and rivalry were the sins in the religious leaders that angered Jesus so much. Un-forgiveness boastfulness, arrogance, a holier -than -thou attitude, a critical, abusive spirit- all these are sins of the heart.

Jesus readily forgave those whose sin was of the flesh, (of the body) immoral women for example. A man keen on money, Zacchaeus the tax collector. (The natural instinct of survival can inspire a too strong desire for money) He befriended heavy drinkers.

King David had a weakness for women (sin of the flesh) he even had the husband, Uriah, of Bathsheba killed in the army's front lines to get his wife. He suffered by losing the child they had ...and yet God forgave him and went on to bless him. God understands our human weaknesses.

This question has been inspired by a question about lust that has been deleted, which I wanted to answer!
Update: Some of you quite miss my point which is that some sins of the heart like pride are the ones that can make it difficult to repent which is vital. Sins of the flesh usually means the natural drives of ones own body (hunger, sex, need for a home,income etc) These needs start in the body not the mind and can turn into... show more Some of you quite miss my point which is that some sins of the heart like pride are the ones that can make it difficult to repent which is vital. Sins of the flesh usually means the natural drives of ones own body (hunger, sex, need for a home,income etc) These needs start in the body not the mind and can turn into sin)
Update 2: Parabola -Your position is blasphemous for you have reversed every truth about Jesus God's Son. There are genuine non-believers who struggle - you are not such a one.
Update 3: What I tried to say was that whatever sins we commit it, is the hardness of heart that hardens us to choose to go on sinning - whatever sin that might be. This hardness is pride which damned the hypocritical leaders of Jesus' day. Looking at the experience of Jesus - I would venture a guess in terms of... show more What I tried to say was that whatever sins we commit it, is the hardness of heart that hardens us to choose to go on sinning - whatever sin that might be. This hardness is pride which damned the hypocritical leaders of Jesus' day. Looking at the experience of Jesus - I would venture a guess in terms of percentage of the world population that the biggest of the souls in hell would be religious hypocrite - I remind you - I am looking at the experience of Jesus!
Update 4: What I tried to say was that whatever sins we commit it, is the hardness of heart that hardens us to choose to go on sinning without repentance - whatever sin that might be. This hardness is pride which damned the hypocritical leaders of Jesus' day. Looking at the experience of Jesus - I would venture a guess... show more What I tried to say was that whatever sins we commit it, is the hardness of heart that hardens us to choose to go on sinning without repentance - whatever sin that might be. This hardness is pride which damned the hypocritical leaders of Jesus' day. Looking at the experience of Jesus - I would venture a guess in terms of percentage of the world population that the biggest group of the souls in hell would be religious hypocrites - I remind you - I am looking at the experience of Jesus!
Update 5: What I tried to say was that whatever sins we commit it, is the hardness of heart that hardens us to choose to go on sinning without repentance - whatever sin that might be. This hardness is pride which damned the hypocritical leaders of Jesus' day. Looking at the experience of Jesus - I would venture a guess... show more What I tried to say was that whatever sins we commit it, is the hardness of heart that hardens us to choose to go on sinning without repentance - whatever sin that might be. This hardness is pride which damned the hypocritical leaders of Jesus' day. Looking at the experience of Jesus - I would venture a guess in terms of percentage of the world population that the biggest group of the souls in hell would be religious hypocrites - I remind you - I am looking at the experience of Jesus!
Update 6: OOOPS Sorry I AM STILL LEARNING HOW TO USE Q & A !!
Update 7: re the repetation supposed to be typing corrections.