Hair curling/straightening?

Hello! I have long, annoyingly thick hair, and it takes me FOREVER to straighten it. Its naturally waivy/curly/super frizzy. To some, it might sound cool, but it really isnt. It`s uncontrolable and its so POOFY and frizzy. Its really icky. I have been trying to find ways to style my hair without having to... show more Hello!

I have long, annoyingly thick hair, and it takes me FOREVER to straighten it.

Its naturally waivy/curly/super frizzy. To some, it might sound cool, but it really isnt. It`s uncontrolable and its so POOFY and frizzy. Its really icky.

I have been trying to find ways to style my hair without having to straighten it (it takes me about an hour to straighten, no joke.)

So I was wondering if using one of those giant barrel curling irons to just make big soft curls would work. (Like, grab giant peice of hair and just make big curls with them and spray em).

Or am I better off getting one of those IN-STYLERS (see link for youtube review)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn0jLODlg...

If you have ANY advice on taming wild long, thick frizzy, poofy hair, PLEASE SHARE!

I`m desperate. :(

I`ll try all the tricks I get in peoples answers and the one that is the fastest and works the best will get the 10 pounts!