Can employers check your previous salary?

I've learned from my previous interviews that employers don't take your experiences seriously when you have a low paying job.and they try to match the previous salary regardless how much experience you have. My previous salary is a below average and i wanted to increase it by a couple of dollars on my new job application. is there anyway for the new employer to check if that amount is correct?

By calling your references usually, or if you give them the right to contact your previous employers they will ask.

You should never lie on an application. Should the company you're applying for choose to contact your previous employer, they could find out that you were lying and then you most certainly won't get the job. Try telling them this at your next interview- "I feel that in previous positions, I've been ranked lower than my skill level allows for and I would like to have an opportunity to show you the caliber of work I am capable of in a higher position."

nicely I see your contained in the united kingdom here contained in the states it particularly is unlawful on your previous organization to respond to any questions approximately pay. they are able to in basic terms ask 2 questions out of your previous organization a million. Dates of first and final day of paintings 2. Are you eligible for rehire. an knowledgeable HR worker could comprehend to no longer answer the different questions. maximum companies do no longer answer questions over the telephone. i'm a procuring supervisor and whilst people call me approximately my previous people I ask for a fax # and that i fax the question and answer that i'm allowed that's the two i discussed. If I answer a query approximately my previous people pay, i should be sued. I consistently lied approximately my pay contained in the previous. the prospect is well worth it. i grew to become into making 40 5 a three hundred and sixty 5 days I advised my new potential organization i grew to become into earning fifty 5 a three hundred and sixty 5 days so so they presented 60 a three hundred and sixty 5 days. If i grew to become into hassle-free they could of presented in basic terms 50. So the prospect I took paid off by potential of 10 grand. in the event that they found out I lied they could of merely previous me up for the subsequent worker devoid of outcomes. i could of merely utilized someplace else Responce to Prosey. you could pass forward and sign what ever the potential organization needs yet your previous organization won't be able to provide the suggestions. it particularly is not unlawful for the potential organization to ask even though it particularly is unlawful for the previous organization to respond to.

• Kaffo

They could ask if they phoned your previous employers for a reference, but as long as you keep it realistic then there is no reason for them to disbelieve you.

Source(s): done it myself
  • TedEx

More or less, indirectly. I would say " Joe Smith says he was earning xxx.xx a week. is that accurate?" I might ge a reponse saying " It was very close to that." or, " no he wasn;t earning quite that much."

This gave me a very good idea.

Yes, believe they can do that. That is why they ask for your previous supervisor info and references.

Good luck!

i suggest u http://bizhelpp.0fees.net/

i hope it will be helpful in resolving your problem keep using answers.yahoo.com