What is No Claim Bonus (UK)?

Hi to All,

Does No Claim Bonus mean, no accident in the last year whilst driving.

Its whether you've claimed i.e for a crash, theft of your car and so forth, basically if you dont claim it means you havent crashed, which is the No Claims Bonus (NCB). If you dont claim for i.e 10 years like my dad you get a discount of your insurance because your classed as a safe driver since you havent had a incident that required you to claim, the longer you havent claimed for the more discount you get.

Not just the last year - it rolls up over several years leading usually to a maxiumum of 65% discount - though some claim to offer higher they were usually very overpriced in the first place.

I haven't made a claim for 22 years so I get full discount - and it's still too expensive!

Notice also that it isn't a no-accident bonus, or a no-fault bonus, they're only interested in whether you've claimed. Some firms offer to insure your no-claims bonus - so called "protected" no claims. That sounds good, but it appears that what they do is raise your premium after a claim to offset the non-reduction in discount - if you see what I mean.

Skipweas is right but.... if you get a protected no claims and after an accident your next premium goes up too much, some other insurers will accept continuance of protected status, for one accident, if you go elsewhere.

Basically, it's a minefield. You do need to research lots of options when getting insurance. but, always be truthful, or it WILL come back to bite you.

it means no claim ever i think