promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Info on a Nissan Micra 1990 cambelt?

ok i just bought a 1990 nissan micra of ebay got it half way home and the cam belt went now not all cars are trashed instantly like every one thinks ford sierra use to have good clearance and wouldn't bounce the valves i just wondered if anyone knows if the nissan micra old style 1990 has enough clearance to not bounce the valves so i dont have to take the head apart ?

Update:

Ok thanks to that like i now noke the proper names so does ony one know if the 1990 nissan micra is a Free Running or Interference engine ?�FreeF

5 Answers

Relevance
  • John K
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

The Micra engine is an interference one, so the valves will be bent.Remove the rocker cover and timing belt cover,turn the camshaft and you should see how many are damaged?Also make sure that the front head bolts will come out? because they are prone to breaking into the block.Hope this helps

Source(s): mechanic 38 years
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • belay
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Nissan Micra 1990

• Grizz
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Hi

Both the 1.0 and 1,2 1990 Micras are fitted with interference engines and damage is likely if the belt snaps.

Very best regards

Geordie

Source(s): Mobile mechanic based in Bicester, Oxfordshire
  • 3 years ago

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.