adobe photoshop cs5 32bit vs 64bit what is the difference?

adobe photoshop cs5 32bit vs 64bit what is the difference? what is the advantages of having a 64bit version of photoshop?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Speed.

See the benchmarks, much faster if you can use/run the 64-bit version...

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

adobe photoshop cs5 32bit vs 64bit what is the difference?

adobe photoshop cs5 32bit vs 64bit what is the difference? what is the advantages of having a 64bit version of photoshop?

Source(s): adobe photoshop cs5 32bit 64bit difference: https://shortly.im/eM3yg
  • 10 years ago

The 32bit copy runs on 32bit os and 64bit os but a 64bit only runs on a 64bit os, if you have a 32 bit copy of windows or mac I would warn you against getting the 64bit one as it wouldn't work. 64bit programs mean they can process 64bits of information as fast as a 32bit can 32 so it is faster.

If you have a 32bit os then get the 32bit copy

If you have a 64bit os get the 64bit copy (sometimes 32bit programs dont run the right way on a 64bit os)

• 5 years ago

32bit version offers TWAIN support, 64bit does not

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

32 bit for a 32bit OS ...most people have this....addresses a maximum memory footprint of 4 gig no more....

32 bit version has better support and drivers and 3rd party addons...

64 bit for a 64bit OS .... not as many people use a 64bit OS..... addresses a maximum memory footprint of 128 gigs i believe..... more ram more power more things running at a time...

32 bit version can run on a 64 bit OS but can sometimes have issues.

64 bit version has much less support and drivers...and lots less 3rd party addons...

other things will effect speed and such.....processor....video card.....other processes running... and so on.

hope my info helps.

cheers

Source(s): me
  • 4 years ago

If your computer is 64 bit, it should be able to run 64 bit programs with no problem. That is quite obvious

• 3 years ago

What Is Cs5

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Its not the difference of the software but of your computer processor. A 64 bit processor executes 64 bit of program code at a time while 32 bit only processes 32 bit of program code. most of the home computer we use have 32 bit processor. 64 bit processor are mostly used in servers. so in brief if you have a 64 bit processor 64 bit version of adobe will be able to run in your system. but you cant run 64 bit version of the software in a 32 bit processor system.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.