Karen asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

I am manic and bored. What do I do?

I'm not so bad that there's a little part of me that doesn't want to do anything too stupid. I've got no money to spend, so that's ok, £1.50 in my bank courtesy of the last episode. I am really incredibly bored and if I don't do something soon I'm going to end up going out for a drive, which always ends badly when I'm like this because I can't concentrate. I can't sit still, can't read. I've tried playing on the Wii, but again I lack more than a thirty second concentration span. I can't even get through a whole song on Just Dance. It's ridiculous. So what I need is some short, safe activities and although my mind is spinning it can't focus enough to actually think of anything.

I am in the same situation. It is horrible:( you can email me if you want to chat

• Amin K

Get in touch with a psychiatrist as this is not the time to seek something that is not boring. I have been manic and understand just what it means to be so manic that one is bored. You are fortunate that you do not have any money in the bank or at your disposal. Try to get in touch with someone as soon as possible. You at this time need to have a safe place where you will not be tempted to overspent or likewise carry out actions that could have some untoward results.

Talk to me if you want it to stop.