Do the Scottish want to annex Northern England?

When reading about the Scottish Independence movement on the internet I've noticed some Scots suggest that they'd happily admit the Northern English counties as well?
Why is this? Do they feel the culture and values are similar or something, or do they think Northern England should belong to Scotland?
Update: In response to Jock: I'm not personally advocating anything here. My 2 questions come from the same root - a Southern English person said on a forum that they'd like to see Northern England leave the union with Scotland, and in response to this I saw many Scots actually saying they'd be fine with that.... show more In response to Jock: I'm not personally advocating anything here.
My 2 questions come from the same root - a Southern English person said on a forum that they'd like to see Northern England leave the union with Scotland, and in response to this I saw many Scots actually saying they'd be fine with that.

Just wondered what peoples views were.