What does this tell us about the attitude of the Lord Jesus as a Man dwelling on the earth?

It was imperative that He accomplish our eternal salvation AS a Man, not only as God. Here we see an interesting verse that speaks volumes regarding the Lord as such a Person dwelling on the earth. Here He is, equal to God, but not grasping to push that kind of standing, rather, He humbled Himself, even becoming a slave to carry out what is in the divine Trinity's heart.

Here are the verses.

Phil 2

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus,

6 Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider being equal with God a treasure to be grasped,

7 But emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, becoming in the likeness of men;

8 And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, becoming obedient even unto death, and that the death of a cross.

To those of us who belittle the Lord for taking this bold step to redeem us. How can those like the JW's look at the Lord and say such things, that He is not equal to God, when the bible boldly states this fact? Someone died to redeem You and I.. Only the blood of God Himself could redeem us in a way that is approved and meeting the sinless standard. God HAD TO BECOME SUCH A MAN. But even as this Man, He did not seek to push Himself as God on others. He even spoken repeatedly as the " Son of Man" more than the " Son of God" .

Is this mind that was in Christ something that is in you?

You have reference to the incarnation – the fact that Jesus, existing eternally as the second person of the Godhead, came to us in the flesh. He was born of the flesh to the virgin Mary, and lived as a man, while never ceasing to be God.

As God the Son, or Son of God, the Bible refers to his divinity. Jesus was, and is God. He always was God, and always will be God.

As the Son of man, the Bible refers to his humanity. Jesus the man was tempted in all ways as we are – he experienced life as we do. He did not come to us as a king who lived in a palace with all of the regalia that accompanies such a human life. He chose to come and live among us in our poverty, in our need, in our hunger, in our human state. He never sinned, but he knew, and knows now, what it is like to be a human by being clothed with a body of flesh. The first chapter of John has some background on this.

Source(s): JML

He is the son of God but also the son of man. By being the son of God and being birthed from Mary. Born into a world of sinners so that he may save them and offer then eternity in heaven. And he also saved those who had died prior to that. Before Christ, people got rid of their sins through animal sacrifices but Jesus came to be the ultimate sacrifice. He died as the perfect sacrifice so we can be eternally blessed by God.

It is not for nothing that Jesus was called the Servant King: "Hands that flung stars into space, to cruel nails surrendered" (Graham Kendrick, The Servant King). That the Word condescended to take on human form and suffer so that we might live, is overwhelming and humbling.

Verses 9 to 11 are also telling: "Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Yet there are those who deny the deity of Jesus, who believe a created spirit could atone for the sin of humanity. Not only do they fail to realise who Jesus really is, they also fail to realise that Jesus did not die merely to atone for the sin of one other man, Adam, and they also claim that Jesus is forever dead - that he was not resurrected, but that a spirit creature called Michael the Archangel is now sitting at the right hand of God in heaven.

They are like the disbelieving Jews who wanted to stone Jesus for declaring that he was the great I AM. In John chapter 8, Jesus uses this expression of himself. "That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM who I claim to be, you will die in your sins" (verse 23); "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will understand that I AM he...(verse 28); "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I AM!" (verse 58). Yet the New World Translation has seen fit to change the wording of verse 58 to read "I have been" because they simply will not have it that Jesus is the I AM of Exodus 3:14.

To the Jews who refused to believe who Jesus was, he said they would die in their sin (John 8:24). It seems there are still people around today who refuse to believe who Jesus really is.

If you believe in the trinity, which is never mentioned in the Bible, you may reason that existing in the form of God meant that Jesus was God. However, if you believe as many do, that God Almighty is greater than the son, Jesus ( ) and that God resurrected his son who willingly gave his life as a ransom, you may believe that existing in the form of God could mean just that that Jesus previously existed in the form of God as a spirit and now willingly agreed to have his life transferred to the womb of Mary to be born as a perfect human. Jesus prayed many times to his Father in the heavens which is recorded in the Bible. You wish us to believe that he was praying to himself! And at his baptism the Bible says clearly that his Father, God, said from heaven "This is my son, whom I approve. Jesus also said "no one can go to the Father except thru me", because Jesus is the Mediator between God and man.

Even without all those facts, why would God send himself when he had already created countless sons of God who reside in the heavens with him. It doesn't make sense that God would leave his position in the heavens, quit bring God for 33-1/2 years and lower himself to a form (man)) that he had created!

I think, eat, and sleep the Holy Bible as I find myself aging...But then again....I always did and lived in this manner. The only problem I can see that I as a human had to be very careful was, that in many cases I find myself being quite judgmental or obsessive, if you will, in matter that didn't have to concern me. I think some of that comes with owning your own business. Because the moment you have to let someone assist/work with you or for you, you tend to become or appear as though you're micro managing others. then it just flows out to everything you do.. And people do notice it as a quirk or hangup...The one thing that helped me out was when I began working as a Superintendent in the Air Force and had to manage 22 people. There is so much to do at times, you learn to delegate work and just let them learn for themselves for a change....I had to learn to trust man first, but then became quite comfortable with their work. Many will work you under the table if you know how to provide competition to them....

I think I was a good teach in God's work and man's because I learned early in life to lead by work and they will follow your suit....If you work hard , most tend to follow as not to be put down or shown up...

• Amy

Dust cannot protect us from gods glory. Face the fact, JEHOVAH IS TOO POWERFUL TO FIT IN A HUMAN BODY! Jehovah cannot die. Hades couldnt hold him. Because of our own mental limitations the only way to calculate Jehovahs power is to use the infinity symbol for all varibles. Not even time has a hold on him. I try to reason with them, but they prefer to believe in the trinity because it makes the bible unreal and thus they can do what they want.

Yes, true, and this attitude is one we should follow. That's one reason he had this attitude---for us to follow. We are not worthy of him if we do not take up our cross and follow him. He said, "My sheep hear my voice, and follow Me, and I give unto them eternal life." Following him is what is necessary. Praise God that we are made partakers of Christ and that we can become one with him and the body of Christ. This is a marvelous thing and precious beyond measure!

Blessings to all. All believers knows this and believed God when He said Jesus is Lord we believed God by Faith and by His spoken words He put in our hearts to believed, For His word is truth from the very beginning. God knew from the very beginning who were going to believed Him and whom weren't, and by not believing Him and the Scriptures they are already condemned themselves. Blessings.

Source(s): The words of the Lord

the reason that jw's & many others including the ever growing atheist religion try to deny the power of Jesus is simply because they are lead to do so by satan. thats not to say they all worship satan,though some do.

Why do you use what others say about Jesus when you have the words spoken by Jesus himself.

Jesus said, "salvation is of the Jews",

Jesus said, "I come to save the lost house of Israel"

You are NOT a Jew, you do lie.

Jesus said; (in Matthew 16:13-23)

When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Jesus starts by saying whom do men say I THE SON OF MAN AM?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

PETER AND PETER ONLY STATES, "thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

JESUS IN verses 17-19 just honored Peter, now Jesus 4 verses later calls Peter SATAN.

REMEMBER Peter denied Jesus not once but 3 times, REMEMBER what Jesus said about those that deny him before men.

REMEMBER Jesus said, if you do not forgive men, your Father will not forgive you, therefore on the CROSS Jesus FORGAVE those who killed Him.

This also means that while on earth Jesus had to forgive Peter, but His Father who was in heaven would not.

REMEMBER the 5000 and 12 baskets, and the 4000 and 7 baskets, Jesus was telling the 12 apostles that 5 of them would fall to the temptations of the devil before the age, (7 more generations, the 49th generation, 280 years had been fulfilled).

REMEMBER there were 7 churches and only 7 stars what happened to the 12 churches and the 12 stars? 5 had fallen.