What do you think is the main reason marriages fail?

Selfishness, and an unwillingness to compromise.

Selfishness. I think the main reason that marriages fail is when people care more about their own needs than their partner. Money problems, sex problems, cheating etc are all just different aspects of selfishness. There are other reasons marriages fail but I would say selfishness is the biggest problem.

If every marriage partner was deeply concerned about the happiness and welfare of their spouse, divorce would would virually dissapear!

• PW

three reasons, two dieffernt religions in each person, lack of financial responsibility on both parties, and lack of sex...a lot of women use sex as a weapon as punishment if a guy upsets them...This is very selfish, tuly if you let a man have you whenever he wants except when you are sick and doing your monthly cycle, then he will be truly happy...most men are very sex driven...you turn off your availabiltyand he will soon look elsewhere. So when u get married make it a point for both of you to give it up when the other asks and this wont be a problem..So many guys I know say sex ends when you get married after a while

• Jackie

A good marriage is like a lush garden. Either you tend to it everyday, or weeds grow in it's place.

no one wants to work anything out, it's like they get into a big fight and then all the sudden they aren't meant for each other just because they don't agree on something.

no one knows what marriage is.

Some people get married too young, some people get married too soon. I think it's more of people not willing to communicate on one side or both and people who are mature enough emotionally to handle the responsibilities.

We go into it blind folded, full of wishful thinking and in total denial of the truth when its hitting us over the head like a hammer. At least that was my experience.

statistics show that MONEY is the number one reason marriages fail.

theres always three main reasons money , lack of sex and the behaviour of the kids which teh other parent cant handle .

The true meaning of Love. Most people just don't get it. But I don't think you'd care.