What do you think is the main reason marriages fail?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best answer

Selfishness, and an unwillingness to compromise.

• 10 years ago

Selfishness. I think the main reason that marriages fail is when people care more about their own needs than their partner. Money problems, sex problems, cheating etc are all just different aspects of selfishness. There are other reasons marriages fail but I would say selfishness is the biggest problem.

If every marriage partner was deeply concerned about the happiness and welfare of their spouse, divorce would would virually dissapear!

• PW
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

three reasons, two dieffernt religions in each person, lack of financial responsibility on both parties, and lack of sex...a lot of women use sex as a weapon as punishment if a guy upsets them...This is very selfish, tuly if you let a man have you whenever he wants except when you are sick and doing your monthly cycle, then he will be truly happy...most men are very sex driven...you turn off your availabiltyand he will soon look elsewhere. So when u get married make it a point for both of you to give it up when the other asks and this wont be a problem..So many guys I know say sex ends when you get married after a while

• Jackie
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

A good marriage is like a lush garden. Either you tend to it everyday, or weeds grow in it's place.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

no one wants to work anything out, it's like they get into a big fight and then all the sudden they aren't meant for each other just because they don't agree on something.

no one knows what marriage is.

• 10 years ago

Some people get married too young, some people get married too soon. I think it's more of people not willing to communicate on one side or both and people who are mature enough emotionally to handle the responsibilities.

• 10 years ago

We go into it blind folded, full of wishful thinking and in total denial of the truth when its hitting us over the head like a hammer. At least that was my experience.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

statistics show that MONEY is the number one reason marriages fail.

• 10 years ago

theres always three main reasons money , lack of sex and the behaviour of the kids which teh other parent cant handle .

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The true meaning of Love. Most people just don't get it. But I don't think you'd care.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.