Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 10 years ago

application for F4 visa for Korea!!!help please : )?

Hi!

im planning to go to korea for a year in july and apparently theres a F4 visa available to those with korean bloodline (parents are korean).

I had a look at several websites but ended up being confused.

I rang up the Korean Embassy in uk but they directed me to a website which had very little info!!

I was just wondering, what documents are needed to apply for a F4 visa?

Ive downloaded a form from their website but i dont know which documents to send off.

it states somethings about korean tree register and documents proving the reason for a foreign nationality (which is because my parents had immigrated to uk and gave birth to me in UK)

I read in some threads about the korean tree register and i was wondering if you can apply to get it in UK (IMPORTANT) and also would it be good or bad if your name was on it? i was really confused at what documents to prepare. @_@

If anyone can advise me, id be grateful : )

Favorite Answer

It's best to apply for the F4 visa IN korea. Doing it in the UK or USA or any consulate is a hassle, as it involves mailing things to Korea.

You first need to PROVE you are of Korean descent, AND prove you're no longer a korean citizen. I'm a Korean american adoptee, so I had to go through lots of **** to prove I'm not a korean citizen anymore. Since you're gyopo, then it'll be easier. Basically bring EVERYTHING you have related to your birth and citizenship. The more, the better. Also, bring some of your parents documents too. Korean immigration is infamous for being inconsistent...depends what person you get and if they are having a good day or not.

You need:

-your 호적 or Family registry. You can get this across the street next from the immigration office in 목동 next to the police station. It will prove your family history, or at least that of your parents, and that you're of korean heritage.

-passport, birth certificate, and bring all your relevant papers to prove you are indeed british. Very important.

-fill out the application

-get 6 revenue stamps in the downstairs store. they're 10,000 won each. It's the fee.

Go to 오목교역 and take exit 7. Walk about 500 meters straight until you must curve around a right hand turn. You then walk until you meet a T intersection. Then across the street to the left you see a huge building. That's the immigration building. After getting your 호적, you will go inside, and to the right is the office with about 1,000 people waiting. Wait and then turn in all these things and the person will look them over. They approve you right there, BUT you must turn in your passport for one week. They will mail it back or you can pick it up along with your visa card. Your passport will have a special full-page stamp inside. The visa is good for 3 years now, forever renewable.

Remember, do this IN Korea. Just wait until you get here and go with a korean friend if you can't speak korean well. The reason is doing this at the consulate takes forever. It just takes half a day here. And if there's any problem, you can get immediate feedback. NOTICE: korean immigration office is infamous for taking hours to wait. Literally, people wait there for on average 3 - 4 hours. Therefore, you should reserve a spot online and you can just walk in.

go to : http://www.immigration.go.kr/Index.do#ca_menu_3

and look at the tab "immigration service". Part of the menus are in english. Then go down to the 1st section (방문예약). You can see the explanation there. Click now request. Then follow the instructions. When you go to the office..there's a special stall for reservations or 예약. Also, write down your confirmation number and bring it with you.

If you can't get a reservation, then go EARLY in the morning...like right when it opens.

If you are confused AND a cute korean-british girl...maybe I can help you out when you get here ;-) haha.

Source(s): Korean american guy...living in korea for 3 years.

F4 Korean

F-4 Visa

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Hi!

I rang up the Korean Embassy in uk but they directed me to a website which had very...

Source(s): application f4 visa korea please: https://tr.im/i1jFv

Unless he finds a way to maintain a valid nonimmigrant status of his own for the entire 10-year wait, then he has to go home and wait there once his current visa is up. A filed I-130 petition would not grant his wife any immediate benefits such as work authorization while they are still here.