Christians, why don't you just pray it away?

When you get sick, why do you go to the hospital and willingly accept medicine that was discovered through scientific research? Why not just pray your illnesses away?

@Martin S - "Because demanding that God do something in prayer is to put your self in charge instead of God." Uhhh... who said anything about "demanding"? Are all prayers demands? Why don't you ask god nicely :-)

@jcsaves3 - Whats really funny is the fact that you're not fooling anyone! You basically said all that just to hide the fact that you have no real valid answer :-)

@jcsaves3 - Okay "not so smarty" Don't you believe that your god is all mighty and all powerful? And, don't you also believe that he listens to and takes care of his children? If that is the case, then why would you use medicine? According to your Bible Jesus raised the dead (without medicine) might I add, so why can’t you pray to him and then he’d miraculously heal you. Is it b’cuz HE’S NOT REAL?!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I cant believe how ignorant these atheists are getting. God Bless

edit- ok smarty. The reason we go to the hospital is to take advantage of the gifts God gave us. Science is an absolute gift from God. Science can heal us, help us, make our lives better, and can explain Genesis. Why is that so difficult for you atheists to understand. Of course science makes sense. Our Father in heaven gave it to us. You twisted it into some sick religion, not me.

Source(s): Jesus saves

God knows we have doctors. Yes he is able to cleanse us and heal our bodies but he also knows that we have doctors. I'm sure God put that knowledge in our heads since he created the whole world. People can sometimes be at a loss for faith. Even his disciples were sometimes in a loss of faith. God is able to heal us but are we ready to accept his gift of healing? There is nothing wrong with using doctors.

Because demanding that God do something in prayer is to put your self in charge instead of God. He has provided means for people to be healed and while He can heal miraculously a Christian is to follow the example of Jesus and resist the temptation to put the Lord to the test.

Matthew 4:5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: "'He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

7 Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

I pray the medicine that God created makes my illness go away

Your reason of apologizing to atheists is relatively hollow, because you nevertheless willingly include the theory that we should be tortured constantly. i assume you probably did no longer complication to study our solutions. i can take a sprint mockery. in spite of each little thing, no person has to die so as that i can forgive a sin. :) i might prefer a cogent counter-argument. in case you detect a flaw in my reasoning, please factor it out, so i can examine and appropriate the flaw. in case you do no longer detect a flaw in any of my arguments, why do no longer you settle for them as valid, and abandon faith as I did? i'm uncertain what you meant by using "i've got been convicted approximately it". Did you advise "in contact", or perhaps "conflicted"?

jesus tells us to go to a physician when we are sick

Mat 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

medicines have nothing to do with evolution

why would you use hospitals since religious people founded them and run most of them?

We do. Sometimes God heals directly, and sometimes He works through doctors and medicine.

Source(s): www.christsdisciples.info
  • God has everything planned, so if He wants you to go to the hospital then you'll go or else He'l just let whatever it is heal whenever it's time, whether you pray or not.

I don't get illnesses. I stop them before they start.... with prayer.

The Lord gave us medicine. It's His gift..... I'd be scared to not appreciate gifts from the Lord!!!!