Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

flex2000000 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Chinese Chongqing puppy ?

does anybody know where can i buy a Chinese Chongqing puppy ?i live in the u.k & am finding it very difficult to find.

does anybody know where can i buy a Chinese Chongqing puppy ?i live in the u.k & am finding it very difficult to find. i,v google it & had go joy..i just cant seem find them anywhere..

You can't find any because there aren't any in the UK.

Only European kennels I can find is in Croatia and since the breed are not recognised by any legitimate national registry you might be paying 10000 Euros for a mutt!

not anywhere near you, the closest Ive found was a BYB in Canada. It would cost a ton of money too. ADD: Beebs, the Chinese Chongqing Dog is not AKC or FSS, UKC or CanKC recognized. ADD2: No, I *highly* doubt it, or that theres more than one in the USA if any. The breeders in Norht America don't health test and etc. Sorry but Id go with a more common breed, unless youre willing to get one from China. ADD3: lol, its ok :)

• TTC

It isn't recognised in the UK and therefore, you might as well just get yourself a mutt unless you are going to import them with the intention of showing and breeding them in an attempt to get it recognised.

It looks like s a staffy x shar pei to me!

This seems to be a rare dog, indeed. You may have to go to China to find one but there are not many of them around except in the China Province of Chongqing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Chongqing_Dog

• Pamela

As these are the royal dog of China, they are very rare and they rarely allow them to leave China. I doubt if you will ever find a breeder outside of China.

Its quite difficult as i have had a look and cannot find any either.

Sorry i can't Help!

• Aduial

I don't live there so I'm not familiar with any sites. I'd say google it.