Cell phone has limited service but appears to have full signal!?

Hey, about 10 minutes ago I got out my cell to check my text messages, only to find I was on "limited service". This makes no sense for a number of reasons! Firstly, I was using it from a place where I often do in my house and I have never had any problems receiving mobile signal. In fact, I had been... show more Hey,
about 10 minutes ago I got out my cell to check my text messages, only to find I was on "limited service".
This makes no sense for a number of reasons!
Firstly, I was using it from a place where I often do in my house and I have never had any problems receiving mobile signal. In fact, I had been using it from the very same spot just last night.
Also, on inspecting my cell further it actually appears that I HAVE full signal! So why is it saying "limited".
There's no way which the cell could have been barred as im on a pay as you go plan and have had my cell (a samsung e900) for a couple of years and have never had ANY problems.
I have already tried turning it on and off, taking out the battery and trying to call a number in case it was an error on my phones part- but nothing has worked!
Does anybody have any clue why its showing me as having limited service and how do I get it back to normal!? Thanks!!!
4 answers