What power in reality does the Queen of England have?

There is so much contridictry infomation and folklore regarding queen and her powers. I dont know much about the monarchy and there is not a great deal of in depth details available about it. some people say she owns the whole country, the biggest landowner and she can do what she wants etc. others say she's... show more There is so much contridictry infomation and folklore regarding queen and her powers. I dont know much about the monarchy and there is not a great deal of in depth details available about it. some people say she owns the whole country, the biggest landowner and she can do what she wants etc. others say she's just a figure head and doesnt have any political power, see what i mean i'm so confused and puzzled. whoever answers please could you provide examples and maybe a reference such as a link to an official site because a lot of people think they know but they dont. so the kind of things i want clarifying is, is the queen bound by the law, is the crown court independant of governent or monarachy, exactly what does 'head of state mean', does the queen have the right to rule, are the british people citizens or subjects of the monarch, does the queen pay tax, does she take any money from taxpayer for her own gain, you get the idea.
7 answers 7