Will Meps find my medical history?

I have wanted to join the Army since I was in highschool. I have a highschool diploma, I scored high on the asvab, I have enough college credits to go in as an e-3 and I have no criminal background besides a speeding ticket that was immediately paid (I was "speeding" at 40mph, lol). Nothing about my... show more I have wanted to join the Army since I was in highschool. I have a highschool diploma, I scored high on the asvab, I have enough college credits to go in as an e-3 and I have no criminal background besides a speeding ticket that was immediately paid (I was "speeding" at 40mph, lol).

Nothing about my enlistment has been a problem to this point. I told my recruiter about the speeding ticket (I assume this will show up on a background check) and about my bad credit from a previous marriage. She told me that the credit will not stop my enlistment but I will not be able to get SC until I clean it up. My credit is really really bad but it will not be a problem cleaning up/ paying off once I have paychecks, bonuses coming in.

This is what I am so worried about... My medical history. I am perfectly healthy now and not on any kind of meds and have not been in years. But when I was 14/15 I was diagnosed with depression. I was a pretty normal kid but I was really imature and dramatic. I was a total drama queen I guess you could say. So anyways I pulled some really stupid stunts that were 2 "suicide" attempts. No, I didn't want to die but I was being really dramatic because I wasn't getting my way or whatever (can't really remember), told my parents I overdosed (I didn't take anything btw). Both times I was taken to the hospital. My parents didn't know how to deal and put me in a psychiatric hospital. While there I was put on different medications and they diagnosed me with depression and anxiety. When I went back to school I took myself off the medications (I wasn't depressed or anxious, I was just a dumb teen that wanted attention I suppose), the doctors took me off the meds and I sopped seeing the psychiatrist and therapist when my parents realized I really didn't need that stuff. To this day, my mom thinks it was all unneccesary because there wasn't really anything wrong with me besides just being a dumbass kid.

Since then I have never been on any kind of medications or anything even close to that. I am a very happy, healthy, optimistic person. I honostly do not know why I pulled that crap when I was a teen. If I thought I had any problems with depression or anxiety I WOULD NOT go into the military. There is nothing wrong with me.

I am so worried that something stupid I did when I was 14 will effect my future. I have read all the military policies and everything. I know that suicide attempts and depression and all that is PDQ. If I even say a word of it to meps I will not have any chance of serving. They will not give a **** that I am smart, healthy, hard working, etc. It will not matter to them how high I scored on the asvab, or that im in perfect physical shape, that I have no criminal background...

I have not breathed a word of it to my recruiter. My mom and other people I have talked to have told me to keep my mouth shut. I have no current medical problems at all. All that stuff happened so long ago....

I didn't plan on saying anything to meps about it either. That is the last part of my enlistment. I have to go to meps and I know they ask all that stuff.

Now I get to the real questions... Will they know I am lieing?? I honostly do not know any of the names of the doctors that treated me 10 years ago for that "depression" stuff and didn't plan on putting it down even if I did. Does meps only know what you tell them? Or will they really dig into my medical history and "find" it?? Honostly, I will never give them any reason to look into my medical records, because that stuff does not effect me in any shape or form as an adult.

I don't like to lie about anything but if I tell the truth I will never have the opportunity to serve...

Please do not be hateful and do not even answer if you have something ugly to say.

I just need to know if meps will find out if I don't give them ANY info about it and never mention it...