What happens after you die?

What do you think will happen after you die?

Thank you...

✞ Immediately upon death, every human being consciously arrives in either a literal Heaven or Hell. Hebrews 9:27 tells us that“it is appointed unto man once to die, but after this the judgment”. Where one spends eternity depends upon his decision to either accept or reject God’s free gift of salvation, the Lord Jesus Christ. II Corinthians 5:6 explains that the soul of the born-again Christian is ushered into the presence of the Lord at death while Luke 16:23 tells us that others arrive “…in Hell…being in torment”. A multitude of verses in the Scriptures confirm these facts.

• B K

When I die, others will still be alive getting on with their lives. Perhaps I'd like to think some may mourn my demise, but that will depend on what I did in life.

When I die, I shall be no more, so I won't be conscious and therefore I won't be in a position to know what happens following my death. So there is no point worrying about it.

I believe the Bible when it tells us what will happen.

Isaiah 38

18 For the grave cannot praise thee, death can [not] celebrate thee: they that go down to the pit.....

When we die we expire. Our breath (Greek pneuma) goes and we return to the dust in the grave. Just as God breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life so it returns to Him:

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. n into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

Psalm 6

5 For in death [there is] no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

We remember how Jesus wept when his friend Lazarus had died for he was not going to any 'better place' to to the corruption of the flesh unless Jesus intervened.

When Jesus called him forth from the sepulchre he had been dead four days but he came out to them still wrapped in grave clothes and had to be released.

This was not permanent resurrection but a miracle to show the power of God.

1 Corinthians 15 shows that Jesus was the 'firstfruits of the dead' and those who are faithful will be raised at Jesus' second coming in due course.

What we are promised if we are faithful to the end is to to raised when Jesus returns to set up his Father's kingdom. God willing, we may be found to have been faithful.

• Jim W

Judgment

• Tigger

We cease to exist amongst the Living.

When people are asked this question and begin ranting about lakes of fire I totally despair of the collective mental health of the human race.

"Actually, lots of things happen after you die— just none of them include you."

— Louis CK

Source(s): _Louie_

The factual truth with actual evidence? You get cremated or decompose.

Anything other then that (and that includes the possibility of a soul or complete nothingness) is complete conjecture and NOBODY...and I mean nobody....knows for sure what happens other then that.

• jim
  • poppy1

Hi Skycat,

I believe that your Soul gos to Heaven if you were good,or Hell if you were bad..There is an after Life..

Your Friend,

poppy1

Source(s): Little1