How to deal with a transgender friend?

Now I must get into some detail as to clear up why I am asking this question. I’ve been good friends with this person for about six years now. I came out to him about me being bisexual and he in turn told me he felt he was in the wrong body. So we talked about it over the course of a few years. I supported him in... show more Now I must get into some detail as to clear up why I am asking this question. I’ve been good friends with this person for about six years now. I came out to him about me being bisexual and he in turn told me he felt he was in the wrong body. So we talked about it over the course of a few years. I supported him in all of his choices and tried to help him make the best choices on his road of becoming a woman. Now that we’re roughly two years into the process there has been a dramatic change in personality. This was expected, I knew there would be highs and lows because the process takes a huge toll. However now she just treats everyone like garbage. The whole world absolutely has to revolve around her. No one can be right unless it happens to be from her prospective. She exemplifies all of the negative stereotypes of both transgender people and women. The personality change went from laid back punk rocker to being what I can only sum up as a stuck up diva. If any of you are familiar to a person by the name of Jeffery Star and know his stage personality, that’s more or less the type of persona my friend has taken on. I just don’t know how to go about telling her that she’s driving everyone around her away by treating everyone horribly. Do I try to mind her feelings and put it gently or do I just lay it all out on the table and be blunt about it? I know this is more of a rant than an actual question but it’s something that’s been bothering me. Also while I’m at it has anyone ever been through this with someone they know, if so how did you handle it? Thanks for reading I look forward to reading your responses ^_^
7 answers 7