promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 1 decade ago

Is London the most expensive city to live in?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

In the UK it is the most expensive but in Europe Moscow is most expensive and in the world Tokyo is most expensive. Worldwide London ranks #16 most expensive city.

http://www.mercer.com/costoflivingpr#Top_50

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Not anymore, which surprises me! Its now officially number 16th most expensive city to live. Tokyo is number 1. But in 2008, London was number 3. Big drop from 3 to 16. Maybe the fallen pound has helped get this result?

Here's the top 50 most expensive cities in the world -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2009/jul/0...

• 3 years ago

London is approximately on par with long island in terms of residing expenditures, and is extremely, VERY costly in comparison to something of britain. there are a number of different cities in Britain that have artwork and music colleges so why no longer attempt those. you do no longer say how a lot you prefer to spend, yet $2000 will lease you an excellent 4 bedroomed homestead in lots of factors of britain and $six hundred might desire to get you a a million mattress room or studio. London is a stunning place to pass to besides the shown fact that it quite is in uncomplicated terms quite nicely worth residing there in case you may get considered one of those interest which will offset the residing expenditures. opposite to popular perception, no longer all jobs pay massively greater in London than they do up North, yet on the different hand there are a number of greater jobs in London than in the different city.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not sure but property prices and transport in London can be very expensive compared to other parts of the world.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Tokyo is the most expensive city.

• 1 decade ago

Normally yeah... but the Pound has been battered in the recession so technically its cheaper than it used to be.

Still the most expensive in the UK though.... and top 10 worldwide regardless.

• 1 decade ago

You would think. I live there but we are thinking of moving to New York City where my mom is from. We all though it would be cheaper but it really isn't at all, the schools are more expensive in NYC, alot more, and we were looking at places in Manhattan, but we can't live there cuz the cheapest townhouse in Manhattan is like 10,000,000 bucks!

• 1 decade ago

No. Dublin is more expensive but I wouldn't say its the most expensive.

• 1 decade ago

Paris and in the short run that would appear Athens

Source(s): Jamaican
  • 1 decade ago

It is definitely a top contender.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.