Anonymous

Why are many White Europeans racist against North African & Middle Eastern immigrants?

I see this in the news alot,mainly in Portugal,Spain,Italy and France.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best answer

I'm Portuguese.

Simple reasons. Many of these people are poor, have little or no education, in their original countries they live in a constant state of violence, and they tend to bring those things here. 2 years ago, Portugal was the 7th safest country in the world, now we are number 14º, all this because of the violence and crime immigrants brought here. Mainly from Brazil, eastern Europe and some African countries, but we are also starting to have a lot of middle eastern, Indian, Chinese and north African immigrants here.

namaste

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Mostly because of Christianity vs Islam. Not sure about France, but Portugal, Spain, Italy are very Catholic and all have the history of wars with Islam. That is Catholic Christianity vs Islam ancient times and wars. The history is similar to a few hundred years ago. !600...........as it was only 300 years ago of slavery. Some things are not forgotten. Those are the stories you here about Christian Knights and such.

• 10 years ago

I would call it scared to be overrun by immigrants,more than racism.Their lax immigration laws have bred ghettos of peoples running from poverty,war,oppression,these countries are to small to handle alot of the influx of immigrants,who when they arrive have nothing going for them and expect the ruling govt to take care of them..In contrast to get into the U.S(not student visas)and try become a citizen,you must prove you can be imprisoned or killed for your beliefs(refugee act),also having a skill is a major plus,also money to take care of yourself.We don't have an open door policy anymore.These countries you mention take care of these immigrants and it puts a strain on the govt and services,and citizens alike,so animosity is bread.

• 3 years ago

Whay are many individuals prejudice against mexican immigrants? Discrimination exists in all international locations, your usa is far from racism loose so perhaps you ought to think of roughly that till now criticising our continent and different international locations

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because the immigrants are typically poor, and crime and violence are typically associated with poor people. Also, jobs aren't as plentiful, and immigrants make convenient scapegoats.

Then there are people like me, who feel that many immigrants are only there to exploit the country and could care less about the country or its inhabitants. These people are usually a drain on society.and cause lots of problems with crime, etc.

• 10 years ago

Because they think it is okay for them to invade other countries and take their resources but once hard working immigrants try to make a life for themselves everyone wants to catch a fit.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Perhaps because these groups commit lots of crime, are largely unemployed and living off benefits, and when they do work they take jobs from an already thin job market, and are always rioting and burning their cities? But I suppose whites are just supposed to sit back and smile and let this all happen so they are not called "racists."

• Raquel
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

NoMaMeR, Tom Servo, Daemon, Jona * D, Coral Taxi and Sherry said it right.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

because they don't consider yall white

even though neither parties like to admit it..people over in that area are VERY mixed up with black/asian and white...that is why they are more tan skin

i still consider them white..but just saying..

because of the jim crow laws and slavery in usa, there was not alot of whites that intermixed with blacks or native americans...And the whites that raped black women those children were considered black...in USA if you had 1/16 of black blood in you you were considered black...a way to make the white race "pure" as well as a way to make sure they stay in control

but if you go to South America..there was a lot of intermixing of blacks/native americans and whites...it was also much more liberal as far as them allowing some of the mixed people to enter into the "white world"...that is why many people from south america and central america look the way they do

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

cus North africans middle easters are Trash

Source(s): d
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.