Why American Idol ratings drop?

Just curious to know what everyone else thinks on why the American Idol ratings have dropped? I will put in the first answer: Because it has lost its "family" appeal. Ellen Degeneres and Adam Lambert (mostly Adam Lambert) have ruined it. Wish the media would admit it, cause I will bet all of my next... show more Just curious to know what everyone else thinks on why the American Idol ratings have dropped?

I will put in the first answer: Because it has lost its "family" appeal. Ellen Degeneres and Adam Lambert (mostly Adam Lambert) have ruined it. Wish the media would admit it, cause I will bet all of my next paycheck that is what it is.
Update: Adam was raunchy in his performance on on the AMA and Ellen has nothing to do with music and has an attitude already with Simon. (Simon makes the show by the way...)
How the heck is that homophobic you paranoid skitzoids...?