Autism question, advice please?

My son who is 4.5 and Autistic is becoming very hard to handle. He very often refuses to walk on the street, he will sit down on the street, put his head on his knees and his hands on his ears and doesn't move. He is trying to run on the road, and he just won't listen. I am seriously considering buying a... show more My son who is 4.5 and Autistic is becoming very hard to handle.
He very often refuses to walk on the street, he will sit down on the street, put his head on his knees and his hands on his ears and doesn't move.
He is trying to run on the road, and he just won't listen.
I am seriously considering buying a pushchair that is made for disabled children to keep him away from danger, and being able to get home from nursery in 10 minutes instead of an hour etc
But I am not sure that's the right thing to do.

Just want some opinions, advice, please!
Update: to Tracy
There are many parents on yahoo answers with autictic children and yes I am not ashamed of asking them for opinion!
What damage can it make???!!!
Update 2: to Fairy
My son is on the lower end too but he doesn't understand award system as such. His understanding is limited especially when having those episodes :(
Update 3: I received an e-mail from the very "popular" Tracey, this is what she wrote: "Message: If yahoo answers is where you think you are going to find qualified answers to your son's issues, then I feel sorry for your kid. Clearly, you aren't particlulary interested in intervention that has... show more I received an e-mail from the very "popular" Tracey, this is what she wrote:
"Message: If yahoo answers is where you think you are going to find qualified answers to your son's issues, then I feel sorry for your kid.

Clearly, you aren't particlulary interested in intervention that has been known to work by people you know are experienced in the treatment of autism.

But then, I seriously doubt you have an autistic kid. "

Than she changed her settings, therefore I cant mail her back.

My answer to you is you are a phatetic waste of space. Mind your own business and keep your nose out of mine.
As you can see you got 10 thumbs down so you know what everyone thinks about your idiotic opinion.

You are probably a sad, old, lonely woman. I feel sorry for you.

You have yourself a nice day.