Dobby asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What are some good dips for carrot sticks and celery sticks?

I'm having a dinner party on Wednesday evening and for my vegetarian friends, I'm having a variety of things, including carrot + celery sticks. Anyone have any links to recipes for a decent dip?

thnx! =D

needs to be simple so I can make it very quickly please! (preferably less than 20-30 mins)

Carrot Sticks And Dip

Ranch dressing is a good one. Go get the powdered packets of onion dips or other flavors. Just add SOUR CREAM and mentioned ingredients on the packets. Such as the following recipe: Onion Dip From: KNORR French Onion Soup, Dip and Recipe Mix Makes about 3 cups Time to Prepare: 5 minutes Chill: 2 Hours Ingredients: 1 package KNORR French Onion Soup, Dip and Recipe Mix 1 container (16 oz) Sour Cream or Light Sour Cream 2 Tablespoons Milk Method: 1. In medium bowl, combine soup mix, sour cream, and milk. 2. Cover; chill 2 hours to blend flavors. 3. Stir well. Serve with cut up vegetables or chips.

Why don't you try this creamy feta dip recipe from mydish - http://www.mydish.co.uk/recipe/6389/Creamy%20Feta%... It's really tasty and easy to make.

Ingredients

* 200 g Feta cheese crumbled

* 100 g Spring Onions finely chopped

* 2 tbsp. Extra virgin oilve oil

* 1 tsp. Chives chopped

* ½ tsp Chili flakes

* 1 pinch Saffron

* 2 springs Parsley to decorate (optional)

Method

Finely chop the onions and place with the crumbled Feta in food processor or blender. Mix till smooth and add the saffron, chives, chili flakes and half of the oil.

Season with salt and pepper and pack the mixture into a small bowl or ramekin dishes. Cover with the remaining oil and decorate with the parsley.

Cover with Clingfilm and chill in the fridge.

Serve with crudites, crackers, or toast as an appetizer.

I hope this helps. Anna x

Creamy Ranch Dip:

1 Block soft cream cheese

1 small tub sour cream

1 pkg Lipton's Vegetable Soup Mix (dry)

Mix with mixer if needed to blend up, chunks of cream cheese is ok. Refrig for about 30 mins.

Peanut Butter Fluff: (this is good for celery, apples, and bananas)

1 tub cool whip

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1 small jar marshmallow cream

Mix til fluffy with a spoon.

Emily's Famous Onion Dip

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter

1 small onion, finely chopped

2 cups plain yogurt

1/2 teaspoon white vinegar

salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1.Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onions in butter until tender and lightly browned.

2.Transfer onions to a serving bowl, and stir in yogurt and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to blend flavors. This tastes even better if it sits overnight. The onion flavor gets stronger.

Really easy - make it the night before or morning of party. Tons of other dip recipes on allrecipes.com, but this one is one I use alot. I sometimes use sour cream instead of plain yogurt.

Source(s): allrecipes.com

A really quick and simply

1 tub of philli cream cheese

1-2 dsp of mango chutney

1-2 tsp of tabasco sauce

mix all together in a bowl and taste, add more or less of the mango chutney or tabasco sauce

enjoy.

try using baby corn and sugar snap peas as well as your carrot and celery. even slices of raw pepper but use red and not green peppers.

A simple one is an onion dip, I used a packet of onion soup powder and some sour cream and just mix them together, tastes great! Otherwise check out some of these links!

http://www.cooksunited.co.uk/rs/s0t437,335/simple-...

http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/quickneasy/dips...

Yogurt and Mint dip.

Natural Yogurt and fresh mint (available from your local waitrose store).

Chop mint finely and add to yogurt, stir well.

Best made approx 5 hours before needed to let the mint infuse into the yogurt, and keep chilled until needed. Works well with celery and cucumber batons.

The tubs of spreadable cheddar are great (Seriously Strong cheddar spreadable), but the best would have to be hummus or baba ganoush (aubergine dip). You can buy this in delis, ready made, or make your own. It's easy, impressive, and beyond delicious.

My vegetarian friends love this guacamole dip recipe. I try to avoid dips with mayo and cheese since many vegetarians do not eat that

http://www.chili-everyway.com/guacamole-dip-recipe...

Another one they absolutely love it this 3 bean dip recipe. It has a bunch of ingredients but is very quick and easy to make. It is one of my favorite easy dip recipes

http://www.chili-everyway.com/easy-dip-recipes.htm...

Enjoy and have fun