What is it about vaccines that still has everyone so paranoid?

I've gotten into heated arguments with several parents of autistic kids on Facebook. As a person with Asperger's, I understand their frustration. Indeed it is a struggle, and I didn't win the lottery because I'm higher functioning. It doesn't seem to register when I explain unlicensed doctor,... show more I've gotten into heated arguments with several parents of autistic kids on Facebook. As a person with Asperger's, I understand their frustration. Indeed it is a struggle, and I didn't win the lottery because I'm higher functioning. It doesn't seem to register when I explain unlicensed doctor, Andrew Wakefield, was the one who spread this propaganda. It was unveiled last fall on NBC Nightline that he was paid by the insurance companies to spew this rhetoric off. The guy is a huckster who worked for a law firm. It all makes sense, too, because if these children would have to undergo treatment if they were affected by something deleterious like chicken pox, measles, mumps, rubella, and whatnot. Nevertheless, that would require insurance. You do the math here, folks. The reason more cases are being diagnosed is because professionals during the 90's started gaining the resources necessary to know the right criteria. They didn't just start popping up sporadically because some Playboy bunny got on her soapbox. Jenny McCarthy jumped all over it like a ***** in heat as she wanted to be remembered as the first mother that "cured" her child who doesn't even have autism. It was later ascertained he actually has Landau-Kleffner Syndrome after she finished her book. That alone leaves too much room for interpretation thus making all the data that much more obscured. The Supreme Court just ruled all the evidence suggesting vaccines cause autism inconclusive because they had nothing tangible to work with? Perhaps some kids may have adverse reactions, but more than 90-percent of the entire population would be on the spectrum if they were the sole causation. Do you really think some bubble-headed bleach blond is a qualified for some grandiose idea, or are you more inclined to listen to the licensed doctors?
Update: Pardon me! Nightline is on ABC. It was Dateline NBC where Matt Lauer launched the story when Brian Deer did the investigative reporting and shed the light on Andrew Wakefield. Fear mongering is a very lucrative business.