If a baby was born on September 13th is it possible for her to have been conceived on January 1st?

I'm trying to find out who my father is and I read my mom's journal (with her permission) and I know the only time she was with my potential father was on New Years. I was born on September 13th and my mother was induced. Is it possible that he is my father?

Favorite Answer

i'd give that about a 99% chance of YES

that's 38 weeks, were you a little on the small side? like 6-7 lbs?

not all people are induced beyond their due date, my BFFL was induced 3 weeks early becuz she swelled up like a balloon

September 1.

Unless a baby is conceived in a petri dish, it is nearly impossible to determine conception. Many people mistakenly assume that conception occurs on the day a couple has sex. In reality, that is certainly possible, but it is also just as possible that conception actually happens a day or two or even more after. The reason for this is that sperm have the potential to live inside a woman for several days, possibly as many as 6-7 days. In addition, it is hard to know exactly when ovulation occurs. It is most common to determine a due date based on the first day of a woman's last period. Let's say that you were conceived on January 1. If your mom ovulated on the average 14 day of her cycle, than her period would have started around Dec. 18. A woman who began her period on Dec. 18 and than got pregnant, would be given a due date of September 24. Most full term babies arrive 2 weeks before to 2 weeks after a due date. If your due date was September 24 and you were born on September 13 it is very possible that the sex your mom had on January 1 resulted in your conception. However, if your mom had sex with another man in the last part of Dec. or early part of Jan., that man would have just as much possibility of being your father. Only a paternity test would be able to accurately determine who your father is.

Conception vs. actual birth is not an exact science. Unlike animals, we have a fairly wide time period where a baby can be born - 4 weeks. Even women impregnated by IVF all the same day can vary when they go into labor by a couple of weeks. So, there is no exact day of conception unless you only had sex one time during that month or had IUI or IVF.

January to September equals eight and a half months. It's entirely possible.

Yes

Im due with my baby on 10-08-10.. I looked it up on one of these baby calculators and it has my conception around 01/01/10... If she had to be induced then that means she was probably already over her due date so that would mean conception would have been somewhere around 12/01...

were you induced early or induced after your due date??

depends on how many guys you mum was with from mid dec till mid jan. if he was the only one then yes he is likely to be ur dad

Very possible, yes.

Most probably! Although, if your mum was seeing anyone at the time then maybe he isn't. If not, then he 90% is!