Anonymous

What jobs hire 15 year old's in the UK?

I've been looking but i have no idea and on google its all about food shops. Is there any that hire 15 year old's for weekends?

• Best answer

Paper rounds, Saturday jobs and school holidays cleaning tables in cafes, helping out in hairdressers, quite a few if they observe the Young Person at Work Act , to keep young people safe in the workplace.

• Leona

I don't know about the UK, but in the US (In New Jersey atleast) I can't work until I'm 16 (8 months!!!!!) and even then we can work like 15 hours a week at most, and we can't handle money until we're 18, or used any machinery which is just about everything... I hate this state. Btw I'm going to live in the UK as soon as I graduate, so I'll be interested to know these answers, even though I'll be considerably older than 15 then

• orazio

Shops That Employ 15 Year Olds

the people saying its illegal to work at 15 and that you have to be 16 and have a national insurance number are lying and haven't got a clue what they're talking about. I am 15 and not 16 till June. you need to apply to the council for a work permit and get the headteacher at your school so sign it and they will give you a permit to work at a specific place but you still need to first get the job once applied. I just finished working for boots as a Sales assistant and the pay there is also AMAZING!!!!

• Tavy

I employed 15 year olds p/t in my catering business on weekends and school holidays ( all legal in the UK). My staff called in asking for jobs. You will need to start going into shops in your High street.

not many, unless it's a paper round. Some shops will take on apprentices from the age of 15 but expect to be paid very little, try hairdressers.

No you have to be 16 .. Shops are not allowed to hire at 15

Paid studies exist due to the fact that your time and viewpoints are valuable. Business understand they can not get your feedback for free. That' why they spend millions of dollars on paid studies each year for individuals like you to offer their much required opinions on items and services.

Some restraints, retail shops, fish n chips shop, unfortunately some employers require you to be 16 and over because the insurance wont cover anyone under.

There are a lot of potential hurdles for minors in work, many of them law-related, parents need to be careful about that. There is a lot of guidance from the site in the box below on this issue, they also have guidance for all peeps who are hunting for work, or who need to change careers.