How knowledgeable about the autistic spectrum are you?

I figured this would be a good question to ask during Autism Awareness month. Do you know anybody affected with Asperger's Syndrome or autism? Are these phenomena still uncharted territory for the average individual? I had a few college professors who'd never heard of Asperger's Syndrome. Nevertheless,... show more I figured this would be a good question to ask during Autism Awareness month. Do you know anybody affected with Asperger's Syndrome or autism? Are these phenomena still uncharted territory for the average individual? I had a few college professors who'd never heard of Asperger's Syndrome. Nevertheless, they weren't the least bit receptive when I explained to them my case. Did anyone reading this wear all-blue during Autism Awareness Day? Do you still believe vaccines are the root cause even after the Supreme Court ruled the evidence suggesting they were is inconclusive? Do you presume everything Jenny McCarthy says is gospel, and that she really "cured" her son, though it's now been ascertained he has Landau-Kleffner Syndrome. Are you convinced extra discipline will make all the symptoms will go away, and Denis Leary and Michael Savage are authorities on the subject matter? How much do you know about the autistic spectrum?
8 answers 8