Should I give my newborn the Hep B vaccine? Which vaccines do you give?

I am just so torn on vaccines it's not even funny.. it's the hardest parenting decision I have ever made! With that being said I think it is important to vaccinate against the harmful diseases like polio etc.. but I am trying to cut out as much as I can of the unimportant.. like chicken pox.. I also feel the Hep B is among the not so important.. however my best friends husband has Hep B.. There is no risk of her husband really being around my child but there is of my friend.. She is vaccinated and doesn't carry the disease but I am just worried like if she kisses him then comes and kisses my baby could the baby get it? How exactly is Hep B transferred? Body fluids? Large amounts like Aids or just drinking after someone? I'm so confused about all of this I hate it!!! I have a 20 month old and was thinking he was autistic.. I now know he isn't but the scared really made me start thinking about everything and now I am so torn on it all.. Also it is really easy to say well I would rather my son to have Autism then to contracted a disease.. but when your actually faced with the possibilities you think differently. He has yet to get his MMR because I am terrified of it.. but he has had all of his shots up to 12 months.. I have read to wait on the MMR until after 2? What is your thoughts.. To people who are going to answer vaccines don't cause Autism that is your opinion.. I have done my research and I am certainly not convinced either way. Should I vaccinate my up coming newborn with the Hep B since my best friend's husband has Hep B? What are the chances the baby could get it? I don't know what to do and I'm not looking for criticism.. Anyone else feel this is a really hard decision in parenting?

Your right I am mis informed! I try to do my research but I don't understand a lot of the big words.. etc if someone could give it all to me in English that would be GREAT!

Hep B is not so easily contracted. Unless your baby will be needle sharing or having sex(which, I am assuming, is a no), then your baby is really not at risk. Your friend kissing your baby is not an issue, that will not transfer it.

Autism, though it gets the most media time, is not the only concern when it comes to vaccinations. With the toxic ingredients comes many different reactions, one of which is death.

The best thing you can do is research each individual vaccination and decide if you want that given to your child. Research the vaccine, the ingredients, the possible reactions and rates of reactions, the disease, possible complications and rates of complications. And remember that it is not an all or nothing deal. You can delay them as long as you wish, pick and choose which ones you would like, and not give any at all, if you decide. Remember that while you can always go back later and get them, if you decide, you cannot take back what has already been given.

My personal take: We do not do any vaccinations at all. In a nutshell, I believe the risks of my children suffering a reaction to the vaccinations are much greater than the risk of them contracting a disease and suffering complications to it. Many of these diseases are complication free in healthy immune system. Polio is 95% asymptomatic, and less than 1% of those cases end in paralysis.

I also greatly disagree with injecting my children with, what I view are, toxins. Mercury isn't my only concern, and some vaccines still do contain mercury in trace amounts and are still allowed to be called "mercury free". Aluminum, formaldehyde, and antibiotics are only a few of the vaccine ingredients I am concerned about.

And I have extreme issues with the level of their testing, as all vaccinations are not tested for carcinogenic or mutagenic properties, or effects on fertility.

Oh, and I should add that my decision has absolutely nothing to do with the Autism theory whatsoever. I made my decision before I even heard about it, and am not convinced on the link completely myself.

******

And your children do no have to have shots to get into public school/daycare. No vaccine is mandatory, you do not have to give them to your child. My 3 children do not have any. All states offer some sort of exemption for school and daycare, you just need to know how to get them.

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-req...

• Adam4 years agoReport

Need help about vaccines because baby's mum been brainwashed into thinking vaccines are a good thing for your child.i no two guys 30yold who had bad reactions to jabs, there basically ******, 1 is going blind (diabetes) other lost his spleen n 1 kidney, and is haemophiliac. Side effects after jabs.

• berge

Hep B Vaccine Autism

I am delaying vaccines. I am definitely not giving my daughter the Hep B vaccine until way later in her life, I just don't see the point of vaccinating a 7 pound newborn against an STD. I am not sure there is a connection between autism and vaccines but there is definitely a connection between vaccines and autoimmune diseases and cancers. My husband had seizures for several years as a child as a result of his childhood shots. That was what first made me research this issue. You are right, this is an extremely difficult decision. I struggled with this decision for several months and sometimes I still question my decision but at this time I am definitely more comfortable not vaccinating then vaccinating.

Not if the mother has it, or if there's a chance other people the child might come in contact with do. Babies are much more susceptible to hep B infection than adults are: they don't need to be having sex or sharing needles. Transmission from mother to baby around birth or shortly after is one of the commonest ways a person can get hepatitis B. Worse, if you get hep B as a baby you are 10 times more likely to be permanently infected than if you get it as an adult.

• Lisa

Hepatitis B is spread through needle sharing and sex, and from infected mother to baby in the uterus. That's one reason they give the vaccine at birth, so they don't accidentally miss any baby from an infected mother. The other reason is that it's very difficult to get drug users and sex workers to get vaccinated. So they do it at birth, before the baby leaves the hospital. That way they catch even the babies whose parents won't bring them back to the doctor ever again. The problem with that is the vaccine doesn't last until adulthood. So unless the mother is infected, it's absolutely idiotic to give the vaccine at birth. Although nobody has ever gotten hepatitis B through casual contact, babies have died from the vaccine. http://iansvoice.org/default.aspx (warning, very sad photos)

There hasn't been a natural case of polio in the United States since 1979. So that's an easy vaccine to skip unless you think your baby will be the first one to get polio in 31 years. Between 1979 and 2000, there were some cases of polio in the U.S. caused by the old live virus polio vaccine, which has been discontinued in the U.S.

Here's a website about vaccines with articles written by doctors. http://www.imcv.info/

After years of research before my first pregnancy, I decided to never vaccinate my kids. It's one of the best decisions I've made for them.

Ignore what most of the others have said. They are wrong.

Hepatitis B can be spread through needle sharing and sex, but it can also be spread by person to person contact within a household through more casual bodily fluids. In populations where Hep B is common and a large amount of people are life-long carriers, the vaccine has cut transmission to the next generation.

There is also nothing wrong with the MMR vaccine. That is another case of extreme fear mongering from anti-vaxxers.

Source(s): Microbiologist

I did not vaccinate my daughter at birth for 3 reasons. One- she is not going to be having sex as a newborn and she's not going to be shooting up. Two- dad and I both do not have hep B and she is not going to daycare 3- I work in research, clinical trials and there is a new study out with monkeys showing that Hep B vaccine at birth delays milestones in 67% of males- google it on google scholar, it will pop up in a peer reviewed journal. I am with you- research has not convinced me. When a pharma company tests a vaccine they don't necessarily test the safety of multiple vaccines. When the immune system responds to a foreign body it responds with inflammation and fever- times 8 if you go with the CDC recommended vaccine schedule. I am not putting 8 vaccines into my child at 2 months of age and hoping her immune system doesn't inflame her brain- grant it chances are slim but we are waiting until 6 months and only doing DTaP and Polio the first year. It's up to you, you are the parent we are still a free country- for now...

Good luck :)

• Hep B, plainly put, is transmitted through sexual contact or infected needles. Basically, people who are sexually promiscuous, an intravenous drug user, or a newborn with a Hep B positive mother are at risk. Newborns are hopefully not one of the first two, or the third, for that matter. If they are born to a Hep B positive mother, then it would be wise for them to receive the vaccine.

Unless your friend's husband has sexual contact or shares a needle with your baby (and I sincerely hope that neither would happen), I wouldn't worry about your baby contracting it.

The Hep B vaccine was originally developed for those at risk (the aforementioned sexually active and needle drug users). However, getting that particular risk group to willingly take the vaccine was difficult, so it was decided that an easier way to prevent the disease was to start recommending that newborns be vaccinated for it at birth so they'll have some protection when they get older, should they become sexually promiscuous or use intravenous drugs.

However, this vaccine doesn't need to be offered to a newborn to provide that protection. It can be given to an older child. Newborns (unless they're born to a Hep B positive mother) are extremely low risk for contracting the disease. Very, very low. My plan is to have my children vaccinated for Hep B when they reach about 10-11 years old. I also plan to teach them about the risks of promiscuous, unprotected sex and the dangers of intravenous recreational drug use.

Here's a Mothering.com archive thread on the Hep B vaccine: http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.ph... A lot of info in there.

This is a recent study you can take a look at:

Hepatitis B Vaccine Triples the Risk of Autism in Infant Boys: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive...

I would also recommend reading The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears, Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide, and What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations. You can search them on Amazon.

SweetElf said this: "For the love of all that is good and great in this world, just get your kid ALL the vaccines *required*..."

No vaccine is required. They are all optional - even if your child attends public school (asterisk emphasis added by me, by the way).

By the way, acute Hepatitis B infections are curable: http://www.hepatitisinfo.org/whatishep2_1.html#Hep... It is those with chronic Hepatitis B that do not recover completely, although they can be treated.

The hepatitis B vaccine (HBV) protects your child against the hepatitis B virus, which can lead to liver damage and even death.

Hepatitis B is generally considered an adult disease because it's transmitted through unsafe sex and shared needles. But many people who get it, including children, don't engage in these "high-risk" behaviors. They're either infected at birth or they contract the disease during childhood from close contact with others who are infected.

In 2 year agos, my friend found many ways to treat his liver disease so he found a web and admit it,he know the natural measures to have effective treatment. you can see the web at here: http://adola.net/go/fattyliver-bible/

Hope this useful!

I do not vaccinate at all, but if I did I would skip Hep B as I do not have it. It is essentially an STD, so a kiss from your friend is not going to do a thing.

This is very important, so delay the shots until you have done enough research to be 100% confident in your choice, whether you do some or no shots in the end. It is your decision and NO one elses!

Read this:

http://www.nvic.org/faqs.aspx#43

Should I be concerned about the amount of mercury in the flu and other recommended vaccines? Should I go out of my way to find a thimerosal-free flu shot?

A: This concern was addressed in a letter published by the journal Pediatrics on March 13, 2008. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/eletters... As noted in the letter, parents and pregnant women may want to consider the following data and make an informed decision.

•0.5 parts per billion (ppb) mercury = Kills human neuroblastoma cells (Parran et al., Toxicol Sci 2005; 86: 132-140).

•2 ppb mercury = U.S. EPA limit for drinking water. http://www.epa.gov/safewater/contaminants/index.ht...

•20 ppb mercury = Neurite membrane structure destroyed (Leong et al., Neuroreport 2001; 12: 733-37).

•200 ppb mercury = level in liquid the EPA classifies as hazardous waste. http://www.epa.gov/mercury/exposure.htm

•25,000 ppb mercury = Concentration of mercury in the Hepatitis B vaccine, administered at birth in the U.S., from 1990-2001.

•50,000 ppb Mercury = Concentration of mercury in multi-dose DTaP and Haemophilus B vaccine vials, administered 4 times each in the 1990's to children at 2, 4, 6, 12 and 18 months of age.

•50,000 ppb Mercury = Current "preservative" level mercury in multi-dose flu (94% of supply), meningococcal and tetanus (7 and older) vaccines. This can be confirmed by simply analyzing the multi- dose vials.

Here are some more helpful links:

Read this: http://www.novaccine.com/vaccine-ingredients/ Knowing what is in the shots is key. I will never be convinced that the crud in there is healthful, for ANYONE, let alone a tiny baby.

This is a good resource as well, talking about how many diseases had dropped sharply before any vaccines were introduced, as a result of improved living conditions, hygiene, sanitation, etc. http://www.vaccination.inoz.com/vacprotect2.html

http://www.vaccineeducation.org/

A great blog! http://vaccineawakening.blogspot.com/

Source(s): Non-vaxing mommy of 2