Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 10 years ago

Opinions on these bands/artists...?

Opinions would be appreciated :) Oh, and please... no rude comments like "EEW YOU LIKE THESE THEY SUCK" I don't like all of them, and don't dislike all of them; I'd just like to see your opinions on them :)

The Black Keys

Japandroids

Bjork

JET

Little Barrie

Okkervil River

She & Him

I'd post links, but I'm lazy right now! XD

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

the black keys are the current saviors of rock and roll as someone is always saving rock and roll as it is always in danger as it is a very dangerous and reckless thing. they are the band to point to when people say there are no talented musicians in the mainstream and you want to prove them wrong.

japandroids are pretty trendy, they are somewhat stand outs in the dirty garage scene so they deserve that recognition. but they are guilty of becoming boring fast and too frequently.

bjork has an undeniably great voice. her music has been all over the place and inconsistent. i think it would be nice if she just kept to certain things such as the 'volta' sound. very unique.

jet, is that the 'are you gonna be my girl?' band? that song is good, sounds an awful lot like iggy pop's 'lust for life'. its the only one i know.

dont know them/him

okkervil river do good work, i dont have much by them but what ive heard has been good

i do enjoy zooey deschanel's voice

i have never liked 311 and i dont understand people who do. im just not impressed with them.

• 10 years ago

The Black Keys are really good.

I love JET!!

And Bjork's okay.

The rest I've never heard any songs from.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The Black Keys... Yay! I'm a fan. Very cool. Very cool. Bluesy... but just edgy enough.

Japandroids..... eeehhh... I wouldn't know!

Bjork......... Bjork could do anything and it would be cool. She very odd but in a good way. Bjork, Bjork, Bjork.

JET... They're alright, I suppose!

Little Barrie...... I dunno!

Okkervil River... I like them sometimes, I think. I haven't given them a fair enough chance.

She & Him... mmeeehhh. A little mellow for my taste.

311... mmmeeeeehhhh alright, I guess.

Source(s): beef!
  • 10 years ago

I LOVE Jet and 311 & I just started listening to she and Him.They are good too.Bjork is okay, but I don't really listen to them and I've never listened to the other bands so I don't know.

Jet's new album is awesome by the way...lol

:D

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • The only ones I've listened to from that list are The Black Keys and She & Him. I love TBK but She & Him isn't really my taste.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I like Jet and The Black Keys, the rest are no good

• 10 years ago

311 their good.. very mellow like sound.

jet their music is pretty good.. makes me wanna dance haha the other I'm not sure never heard

of their music before

• 10 years ago

the black keys - i like them, they are really unique

japandroids - i like their song young hearts spark fire

bjork - she's ok, maybe i just haven't listened to her enough to appreciate her work fully

jet - i like their song are u gonna be my girl

little barrie - never heard of them, sorry

okkervil river - never heard of them either

she & him- they're ok, remind me of mazzy star a little

311 - i like them a lot, especially their song down

p.s. i like your avatar. beck is a god. i am obsessed with him at the moment.

• J
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

The Black Keys - i dont really like them, but theyre ok

Japandroids - great!

Bjork - amazing singer!!!!

JET - dont like

Little Barrie - dont know

Okkervil River - dont know

She & Him - dont like

311 - really dont like

• 10 years ago

She & Him are amazing!! The Black Keys, I've heard some of their work. It' pretty good I have to say.

As for the rest, I don't know who they are... sorry. :D

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.