delina_m asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Would you rather have made 50K or less and pay no taxes?

Or make above 50K per year and pay some taxes?

Favorite Answer

I would rather do the latter. I make less than $30K a year as I just graduated college, and I haven't worked my way up yet. I believe it's everyone's civic duty to pay their taxes, and nobody rides for free. It's easy to stigmatize those living on welfare, yet the general public fails to understand that for every one penny the government spends on social programs, they spend $100 on subsidies for large corporations. I doubt you'll ever hear Sean Hannity mention that on FAUX News. Freedom isn't free; it's paid for with blood, sweat, toil, tears, and tax dollars. Nobody rides for free as everything must come from something.

Source(s): Barry Commoner's Fourth Law of Ecology. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Arvxu...

Have no problem with paying taxes we all should but should be fair taxes

Rather be owner of Exxon who made 45 BILLION dollars and did not pay ONE CENT in taxes

how unfair is that

Larger corps pay nil or little as they hire people who's full time job is NOT to pay taxes and find all the many loop holes and they do....

47% of the country does not pay taxes...exxon is part of that group

Time for tax reform throughout the land

Watch the BILLIONS spent by the huge corps lobbying against that!! Chamber of commence spent 70-100 MILLION against last HCR law...wow just wow

follow the money.......

Whenever see huge corps come out against bank reform, tax reform bills they cry foul...now wonder why that is......

• john

I would rather make what I make now, and pay only %15 federal sales tax. And have everyone one else pay the same sales tax rate.

Therefore if I was "rich" I couldn't hide my assets in foreign banks and have tax shelters.

If I were an illegal, i'd be forced to pay taxes through sales tax on the goods I'm buying.

Go ahead...ask it.

yeah, the poor would have to pay taxes too. Everyone is screaming the rich doesn't pay their fair share, I think it's high time we ALL pay our fair share. And I mean FAIR Share.

btw, I'm under the 50K

Considering I make about 72K and pay taxes I figure 50K and no taxes would put about 10K more in my pocket. Especially ideal if there is no or less paperwork.

• Brian

No but there is no reason that a family of four making $50,000 per year shouldn't pay taxes, they are far from poor..

If you want to make some case about a family of four that makes $15,000 per year not paying taxes then I am listening but $50,000 is ridiculous..

I'd rather everyone that lives in the country and recieves the benefits of such pays the same FAIR SHARE based on % as everyone else whether you make $1 or $1000000. Which BTW is ~ 11% for our current amount of national revenue.

I make over 50k and I've never just paid "some taxes" how cavalier of you to say it that way....I get taxed up the azz TWICE!

So how is that really fair? Don't you believe that everyone should make some sort of contribution to society instead of society constantly contributing to THEM!

FairTax.org is what we need

• Joe

How about if you make $50,000 per year you pay 10% in taxes = $5000?

Then, if you make $500,000 per year you pay 10% in taxes = $50,000?

Why isn't this fair? No tax breaks, no tax credits everyone pays the same percentage period.

Source(s): Anyone, who would say that taxes are the only way this country will get out of debt...is a complete idiot. The Government needs to spend the money it already gets more effectively, just like a business would be required to do.

THAT'S NOT THE FLIPPIN POINT!!!!!

The point is that if WE ARE ALL EQUAL then shouldn't we ALL pay the same amount?

and......those that made more than 50k WORKED FOR IT!!!!!!! You can come and do my job any gdamn day! I'll bet next years salary you QUIT before the weeks out.

Source(s): I normally agree with Brian but not here. Whatever their income they made the choice about how many they have in their household! That doesn't excuse ANYONE in my book.

Make over 50,000 per year and pay significantly low taxes compared to the wealthy. Do you people not realize that taxes are what is going to get us out of this debt? Do you not want out of this debt? It's the wealthy that caused it, let them pay for it.