Is it really this easy to refute Lindzen?

This is actually a QUESTION, ie a request for information. As I understand it, the past record shows that solar forcing during Milankovich cycles was doubled by positive feedback loops. (Am I correct in this? References appreciated) But Lindzen argues that cloud cover provides a negative feedback that will... show more This is actually a QUESTION, ie a request for information.

As I understand it, the past record shows that solar forcing during Milankovich cycles was doubled by positive feedback loops. (Am I correct in this? References appreciated)

But Lindzen argues that cloud cover provides a negative feedback that will largely cancel out current forcing by anthropogenic CO2.

(Denialists, please note: Lindzen accepts both the reality of the current temperature rise and the existence of this forcing effect)

Is there any reason why Lindzen’s argument should not have applied equally to the past record? If so, please explain, with references to the literature if possible

If there is no such a reason, can we say that Lindzen’s theoretical model just doesn’t fit the facts, and must be wrong? If not, why not?
Update: AteWaffles: In response to your question, I wrote: "Is there any reason why Lindzen’s argument should not have applied equally to the past record?"

In other words, I am looking for facts that *support* Lindzen and *refute* my position. That's what scientists do. Can you help?
Update 2: Edit: amancall... asks me to face tha fact that warming stopped in 1995. So I checked the figures. Every year since 1995, except 1999 and 2000, has been warmer than 1995.

amancall... will you accept the evidence you yourself called for?
Update 3: Rusty: your link is just to a Lindzen lecture. We all *know* what he asserts; i've stated my problem with it, and just repeating his assertions doesn't answer my question
Update 4: Rich: WSJ isn't science. Lindzen and Farrell, 1977, which you proudly cite, predicted no ice age cooling at latitudes < 25o, contrary to fact; my point exactly.