Why in the world does Glenn Beck think Net Neutrality is taking away freedoms?

Beck said that Net Neutrality is an Obama Marxist plot to steal "freedoms" and going against this is will protect your internet freedoms. Not only he has this completely backwards, Net Neutrality is to protect the users of the internet. It is about allowing an equal platform, an equal audience to... show more Beck said that Net Neutrality is an Obama Marxist plot to steal "freedoms" and going against this is will protect your internet freedoms.

Not only he has this completely backwards, Net Neutrality is to protect the users of the internet. It is about allowing an equal platform, an equal audience to everybody on the Internet no matter what your opinion is = FREE SPEECH!

Going against this nothing more than public utility regulation for broadband. If they get that authority, your online experience will be more like dealing with the water company or the electric company and less like using the Internet. Organizations such as the FCC and Broadband Companies do not and should not have authority to regulate the Internet. Getting rid of net neutrality is basically the online version of the PATRIOT ACT.

Is Beck ignorant of this or paid off to say crap like this.
Here's a transcript from Fox News for those who won't believe me:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,590506,00.html

or watch the Glenn Beck 4/5/2010 episode.
Update: How_I_Know: This has nothing to do with Obama you conservative douche, Glenn Beck threw his name in their just to make his retarded point. Shut the F*CK up!

PS I don't care about Obama I and hate idiots like you and Beck.
15 answers 15