US Army vs British Army?

I don't want people to answer with things like 'our Army is better that yours' and sh*t like that because were allies at the end of the day.

I was just wondering who have the hardest training and what makes one stand out from the other.

Also, what is the Americans view of the British Army.

In terms of harder training, the British Army training is a bit tougher than the U.S Army training. They have smaller numbers of people to begin with, but really the Brits just like to train really hard. When it comes to soldiering skill, they are reputed to be the best in the world; although their technology is not as advanced as their American counterparts, British soldiers are often regarded as men of great caliber.

Source(s): I'm a U.S 11B infantryman and have worked alongside British soldiers in Afghanistan.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

US Army vs British Army?

Also, what is the Americans view of the...

Source(s): army british army: https://tr.im/2ddii
  • Mary

If the British Army had that many personnel trained to fight, it would be them who won. There would be very few survivors, but most of them would be either very badly wounded and/or British. This is the only way the British stand a chance of beating the Americans, when it is equal numbers, no back up and on (presumably) neutral ground with neither side defending.

This is a difficult question to answer as it depends on which division of each respective army you are a member.

The US Military has for more respect for the British Army than is the other way around.

What makes the British Army stand above all others is its sheer professionalism.

In all honesty the us army is extremely good and well trained but the British train harder and longer.

A good example is the royal marines and us marines,the royals are alot better trained but the Americans have a lot more men. Its the same aspect with the army.

• Kathy

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw2tA

Stupid question, one because the UK and US would (with near certainty) never fight eachother and two, the British Army more or less is made up of only 100000 personnel. If the did prevail against the 100000 personnel that the US has, the British would have to find a fair few of extra people to replace those that died.

I don't know how many times I've seen this question, but

British Army - better tactics in terms of warfare

US Army - better technology and the sheer size of the country they would easily win....

Buuut if it was an actual war then it could be the British Army as we'd have Europe on our side I guess :-P

I don't know, I have had friends in the U.S. Army but honestly I don't know too much about the British Army, I would imagine it would be tough training like most military training is.

Auriflame what you are saying about the British beating us in wars is a bunch of bull. Yes they won...250 freaking years ago! Yes, they have much better training, but nobody here is looking at the numbers. We outnumber them 5:1 in soldier alone. We have like 5000 nukes. They have 230 or 250. We could literally (And yes this is true) bomb every square mile of them. But anyways that will never happen!!! Britain and most of Europe mainly rely on us for military support. I would definetely say the U.S. Has a stronger military, but we would never fight anyways...

In regards to training it all depends on the branch of the army as to what is harder. Theres no point in comparing the TA training with the National Guard as they operatate in completely differnet ways.

Tell a US Marine that he's in the army will get you a knuckle on the head, like wise tell a Commando that he just a British version of a US marine and you wont stand up for a week.

What im getting at is the training is fit for the role and and is harder in comparison to what another unit would do.

But in a pint brush statement the hardest training for any military unit in my view is in the Navy. Whether it be the S.E.A.L or S.B.S