promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

what is a good mix breed dog?

my dad said that we could get a dog but it had to be small and mix breed, so whats a good combination of dogs that ends up being pretty small?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

There a lot of breeds out there and a lot of small breeds. When you open your options to the mixes of breeds you have quite a lot options. I wouldn't even try to look for a particular mix. I'd go to petfinder.com or to your local rescue and see what dogs are available. Good luck.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • WIth mixes there is no way of predicting the outcome, but there are many mixed breed dogs and puppies in shelters, so I am sure you will find the right dog for you if you go along and see what is available. Good luck.

#

• 1 decade ago

The PERFECT mixed breed of dog is a Cocker Spaniel x Miniature Poodle

Bark: LOW

Good Family Dog: HIGH

Coat: Silky,Soft, Medium Length

Shedding: NONE

Hypo-Allergenic: YES

Personality: Lovely with people and once they socialize with dogs more they are great!

Grooming: 1-3 times a week but if you take them to the groomers and get a proper job then they may not need so much.

Training: AVERAGE

Indoor Activity: AVERAGE

Outdoor Activity: AVERAGE

Guard Dog: NO

Watch Dog: NO

Good with kids: YES

Size: Small

Minimum Height: 35cm

Maximum Height: 45cm

Minimum Weight: 9kg

Maximum Weight: 14 kg

More Info: They are great hunting dogs if your into hunting.

• 1 decade ago

Most dogs that are mixed with a poodle usually turn up small. But if I were you I'd visit your local animal shelter to find a small dog.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have a Yorkie pom, he's small, about the size of a small poodle but because of his hair (pom coat) he looks bigger than he really is. I prefer him with his long hair though, when he's shaved he looks like a rat. He is VERY smart, learned sit, stay, down within his first week with us. :) He's been relatively healthy except for having a growth on his gums and having a few teeth pulled. He's a great dog, I'd recommend this breed to anyone looking for a cuddler.

• 1 decade ago

cockapoos!

or if you go to your local shelter you can look for other dogs that are small and most likely mixed breeds

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.