Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

what is a good mix breed dog?

my dad said that we could get a dog but it had to be small and mix breed, so whats a good combination of dogs that ends up being pretty small?

There a lot of breeds out there and a lot of small breeds. When you open your options to the mixes of breeds you have quite a lot options. I wouldn't even try to look for a particular mix. I'd go to petfinder.com or to your local rescue and see what dogs are available. Good luck.

• WIth mixes there is no way of predicting the outcome, but there are many mixed breed dogs and puppies in shelters, so I am sure you will find the right dog for you if you go along and see what is available. Good luck.

#

The PERFECT mixed breed of dog is a Cocker Spaniel x Miniature Poodle

Bark: LOW

Good Family Dog: HIGH

Coat: Silky,Soft, Medium Length

Shedding: NONE

Hypo-Allergenic: YES

Personality: Lovely with people and once they socialize with dogs more they are great!

Grooming: 1-3 times a week but if you take them to the groomers and get a proper job then they may not need so much.

Training: AVERAGE

Indoor Activity: AVERAGE

Outdoor Activity: AVERAGE

Guard Dog: NO

Watch Dog: NO

Good with kids: YES

Size: Small

Minimum Height: 35cm

Maximum Height: 45cm

Minimum Weight: 9kg

Maximum Weight: 14 kg

More Info: They are great hunting dogs if your into hunting.

Most dogs that are mixed with a poodle usually turn up small. But if I were you I'd visit your local animal shelter to find a small dog.

I have a Yorkie pom, he's small, about the size of a small poodle but because of his hair (pom coat) he looks bigger than he really is. I prefer him with his long hair though, when he's shaved he looks like a rat. He is VERY smart, learned sit, stay, down within his first week with us. :) He's been relatively healthy except for having a growth on his gums and having a few teeth pulled. He's a great dog, I'd recommend this breed to anyone looking for a cuddler.

cockapoos!

or if you go to your local shelter you can look for other dogs that are small and most likely mixed breeds