promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does subaru make an impreza wrx without a turbo?

does subaru make an impreza wrx without a turbo? I know the impreza wrx sti has one but are there any just plain wrx's without one between 2004 and 2007?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

No, they do not make a WRX without a turbo, but they do make an impreza without one. The WRX is the second highest trim level of the impreza, only to the STI, and both come stock turbocharged. The impreza 2.5 is probably the one you are looking for, as it does not come turbocharged, but still comes with the safety and remarkable awd that subaru is know for. Its a more family oriented version of the impreza. But regardless, is still a great car.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 years ago

Subaru Impreza Turbo

• 3 years ago

2002 Subaru Wrx Turbo

• 1 decade ago

Subaru makes several models of Impreza: the 2.5, the WRX, and the STi. The WRX and STi models all have turbocharged engines, but the 2.5 is naturally aspirated (no turbo).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes they do. from 2002-2005 it was the impreza RS and 2006-2007 it was the impreza 2.5i and it is basically a wrx without a turbo. They are very slow and shitty. It is a dead-end car with not much out there for them/much you can do to them. I know because i had one.

Source(s): Certified Tech
  • Karen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axvpM

Your WRX turbo, and pretty much any factory turbo for many years are oil and water cooled. Basically, after shutting down the coolant will continue to cycle through the turbo and in the process it forces oil to also cycle through till it is cooled down. So basically it cools it self down just like a turbo timer would but without wasting gas. So there is no need for a turbo timer unless you are tracking the car and shutting the car off right away but every track even I have ever been to will do a cool down lap at the end of every session. I say use the money for something more useful.

• 1 decade ago

yes. but i dont think it would be an sti without a turbo. i think if it does not have turbo and performance upgrades its just wrx

• 1 decade ago

all impreza "WRX" models are all turbo's. subaru impreza "RX" n "RS" are non-turbo's.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.