My 17 year old son is gay? that my son not be present at the reunion?

I have a big family problem and it has left most if not all my family members upset with my husband and I. I have a son who is 17 years old he just came out and told us that he is gay. My husband and I along with our other children are happy for him and will love him no matter what. So I was to host our annual... show more I have a big family problem and it has left most if not all my family members upset with my husband and I. I have a son who is 17 years old he just came out and told us that he is gay. My husband and I along with our other children are happy for him and will love him no matter what. So I was to host our annual family reunion this summer but comments were made to me about my son being gay that I didn’t like. They made the demand that my son not be present at the house when we have the reunion. So my husband and I along with our children talked about this and all decided just to go on vacation during the time I was to host the reunion. Now I’m getting all sorts of mean phone calls, nasty e-mails from my family. They claim not know what they did was wrong, because they are deeply religious. I don’t know what to do? My relationship is over with my family. I was not going to put my son out to make them happy.