UC Davis or UC San Diego?

Ok, so I've gone down to my two top choices for college, which I've both been accepted to already. UC Davis or UC San Diego? I plan on majoring in some sort of biology, possibly pursuing a career in medicine. I like UCD because it's near home (the bay area) & I can come down every once in a while to the city. I like UCSD because of its ranking and because it's near the beach. I feel like UCSD would be a better choice for me, but I wanted a little more feedback on the two schools before my final decision. So basically, what I'm asking is...

-Better school?

-Have you attended either of the schools? What was it like? Please provide any personal experiences if you have any.

-Will both schools provide me with a good, enjoyable college experience?

Thanks in advance, everybody! :)

Update:

If it helps, I got into John Muir College at UCSD (:

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best answer

I am currently attending UCSD.

the good: It has a great bio program, the campus is beautiful, the weather is awesome, the city is full of great and fun stuff to do, it has a great reputation, plenty of job opportunities off campus. SD is way better than Davis.

the bad: UCSD is tough, and you wont have time to enjoy those things unless you are ultra bright. The libraries are not 24 hrs like some schools, parking is ridiculously expensive (campus annual parking pass is like $800), housing is expensive. Near campus $1400 and up, but if you get room mates it jumps down to like $500.

• 10 years ago

I was in the same dilemmaish, applied to Engineering. SD has ranked 9 Engineering but I think I'm going to UC Davis because I like that it's a small town itself and I have family who can give me a ride sometimes when I need it.

• 10 years ago

Honestly if you feel that UCSD is better for you go there, because everyone has different experiences and just because someone likes something dosnt mean you will.

• 4 years ago

UCSD's rigor is a lot more competitive than both UCD and UCI. Of course, the cost of living is a lot higher as well, but it is the more better looking campus of the three. Especially for Natural Sciences, you'd definately want to consider UCSD as it ranks far higher than UCD and even further higher than UCI.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

There are many online web sites that offer you a list of colleges and universities, but most of them are paid.

Here is one web-site that offer you to browse schools around the world for 100% free .

Just complete their questions and they will accept you.

Enter http://TopEducationFinder.info

Hope this will help

• 10 years ago

i visited UCSD the other day.

it is a verrrrry big school ..

you might like it but i don't know XD

jst telling you in case it might help or not

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

take tours for both schools and decide on a final decision. :)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.