? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

import data from one excel spreadsheet to another?

Hi All

I have a spreadsheet setup which contains sales data, it date of purchase, order number Customer name, product name and price.

I get report which is a excel file I want to be able to automatically enter the information only required above from the 2nd spreadsheet, can this be dont automatically rather than just copying and pasting the calls?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

It can easily be done IF the format of the report Excel file does not change.

Open both the report Excel file (hereafter called REPORT) and your other Excel file (hereafter called EXTRACT). In EXTRACT, in the cell where you want, for example, the sales data, enter an "=" sign then click on the cell in REPORT that has the sales data. Do likewise for all the other fields. Close REPORT and notice the formulas in EXTRACT now refer to the REPORT on disk.

To use a different REPORT file, just put it into the same position on disk as the first REPORT file and with the SAME NAME, open it and then open EXTRACT. The new data will be displayed in EXTRACT.

• 4 years ago

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

import data from one excel spreadsheet to another?

Hi All

I have a spreadsheet setup which contains sales data, it date of purchase, order number Customer name, product name and price.

I get report which is a excel file I want to be able to automatically enter the information only required above from the 2nd spreadsheet, can this be dont...

Source(s): import data excel spreadsheet another: https://tr.im/sIrKk
  • 4 years ago

Import Excel Into Excel

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Reverse Phone Number Look Up Services

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

under the 'data' tab of your 2007's Excel menu bar, you will see a section labelled 'get external data'

click on get data from other sources.

then click on 'from XML data import'

open the file you want and make adjustments as necessary

Hope this helps

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

reverse phone number search compiles hundreds of millions of phone book records to help locate the owner's name, location, time zone, email and other public information.

Use a reverse phone lookup to:

Get the identity of an unknown caller.

Identify an area code.

Recall the name of a person whose number you wrote down.

Identify an unfamiliar phone number that shows up on your bill.

https://tr.im/MClR9

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aD4HN

Open the master file and the excel sheet which you want to copy. Right click the tab of the sheet you want to copy and click on the option "Move or Copy" and then select the master file. The sheet will get copied or moved to the master file.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.